Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Livo

Favourite monster animations

What are your favourite monster animations in Doom/Doom2? They can be death or attack animations.

For me, the Arachotron's death animation is my favourite, I just love its death cry as it collapses to the ground. The Mancubus death is also particularly nice IMO.

hellknight/baron of hell, i like the sounds they make. pretty much like a chainsaw sawing a tree :P

heh I remember seeing the baron die for the first time, I was like "wtf? did it just split in half? EWWWy!!!". I also like how that chunk of skull is ballsted off of the chaingunners head. Then there's the deflated squishy caco death and the mancubus death that I also enjoy.

I like the Imp's death animation. Blood flies out of its mouth, and splatters all over its chest. Classic. And of course, the caco's death is quite entertaining as well. Body splits open diagonally, guts fall out, and then its eye falls out. Sick.

Ct_red_pants said:

Cacodemon death from Doom 46. turns into a red pile of blob.

It's 64 not 46. Why do people get that mixed up? Well, the caco64 death was good.

RailGunner said:

It's 64 not 46. Why do people get that mixed up? Well, the caco64 death was good.

Maybe he has a crush on archvile :-*

the archvile attack and the BoH/HK death are my favorite animations. the pain elemental death, while not being my fave, does provide me some satifaction.

RailGunner said:

It's 64 not 46. Why do people get that mixed up?

Because of me ^_^

Arch-Vile toastie attack, or Mancubus death animation.

Excellent.

I agree with the caco and mancubus death animations. for my tc i remixed the original death sounds, and added some really juicy spillage noises for those two monsters deaths. it very wet and sqooshy sounding. they're great!

the cyberdemon also has a good death sequence, how he turns his head and utters a last cry of pain as he explodes (i re-juiced that one too ;D

Caco death, Baron Of Hell / Hell Knight firing animation. It's one of the only decent 'throwing' animations in the game.

That's because it's one of the only throwning animations in the game. The only other monster that throws things is the Imp, and maybe the Arch Vile. Everything else just points and shoots with some kind of gun, or spits things out of their mouth.

I love to see a zombiemarine gibbed to pieces.
Other than that, the deathanimation of the Caco is funny as hell, including the sound that comes with it.. Yum.

I totally agree on the mancubus/caco thing, and i'd also like to point out the Revenant; that thing's hilarious with all of it's animations and sounds. Especially when it whacks you on the head.

I like the Pain Elemental's monster spawning...well, not so much the animation as I like the effect. You see the Pain Elemental for the first time, and you think, "Gee, it looks like a goofy Cacodemon," and you think it attacks the same way, so you ignore it for now. A couple of minutes later, the room is full of Lost Souls.

THe mancubus dieing. I like how he melts and his brain pops out. I remember realising that for the first time.