Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacockcansukmycok

What are your thoughts on Bills from Dbz?

I ask that question because alot of fantard Seems to liked that cat alot and even

think that he's the most invincible being in the show but I surly don't really

seem to see it I more personally know that he is at tha same power level of Kid buu

but yeah that's just my opinion what do you m8s Thinks too?

also ssjg is Bullcrap.

What I think is that your brand of peculiarity is doomed to nonexistence in many ways. I don't mean to destroy this thread instantly (because I'm a regular user and so I supposedly cannot, lol) but that's bound to hapen nevertheless.

My thoughts on what i have seen from the new DB show (super) is :

- There is no audiovisual impact, forget it. Fights are slow, charging up barely moves the screen, and explosions look and feel like a soundless soap bubble going pop. an entire planet gets cut in half while the screen does not move... a silent sound goes fshhh... damn... in the last movie they where fighting in a damn cave at levels higher than ssj3 and the cave well... remained a cave and nothing even gave you an impression of power.

- The story dropped from a 1990's and early 2000's late teen and early young adult level to the level of pre-teen morons with no mental abilities.

- The animation quality and coloring style is bellow all standards and almost feels like a western lowbudget cartoon-network production.

down right the worst animation i have ever seen in any serious anime made after the year 2006, and eveything which made DB and DBZ good to me is totally non existent in DBS. Thats what i wanted to know before i would have ever bought or imported a DVD box set. I do not even want to see anything related to that thing ever again in my entire life... And i am a damn japanese anime media nutcase.

There's a shortage of funny threads in this particular subforum lately.

Bills was cool in the movie, because he showed that there's Goku wasn't an invicible god and there's still people stronger in the universe. I have not seen DBS yet, though.

Like dollar bills? Like a cat made of money? He better be made of money, and just be a little cat in a pimp suit or I'll be very disappointed.

Glaice said:

Dragonball progressively went to crap after Z.

Imo Dragonball started its fall on DBZ.

Dragonball was a fun show for its first season, before it basically ditched all of its secondary characters in favor of All Goku All The Time.

It seems like basically every long-running shounen series turns to crap after its first season, though, and becomes a series of boring overlong battle scenes that are followed only by still more drawn-out battle scenes.

That surely made my interest go down, essel..Those almost full episodes of Goku & co powering up and shit, like when he spent almost an entire episode grunting and screaming as he got energy for the spirit bomb to use on Frieza.

I meant in the original Dragonball. It started out as a fun show because of the character interplay, but then it devolved into things like Goku slowly climbing a tower and having an episode-long fight with a different goon on each floor, which didn't make for very entertaining TV.

esselfortium said:

Dragonball was a fun show for its first season, before it basically ditched all of its secondary characters in favor of All Goku All The Time.

It seems like basically every long-running shounen series turns to crap after its first season, though, and becomes a series of boring overlong battle scenes that are followed only by still more drawn-out battle scenes.

Don't forget the filler! RIP Bleach

Rayzik said:

RIP Bleach

HOLY CRAP, how many characters have they introduced into the show now?

I can easily say that it's the fanboys fault that after DBZ it went downhill, except for the movies, the movies were good, specially the Broly Saga movies, those are to me the best ones so far.
Other than that, i also blame Akira Toryama for easily letting in on the fanboy's desires.
Not to mention there's plenty of better animes to watch than DBZ and DBS, Dragonball is just way too overrated, if you want a real good anime, go watch Hokuto no Ken.
Also Hellsing, Devilman and other Go Nagai works.

If it's filler you're after, look no further than Naruto.

I tried watching this once, and the whole episode was nothing but three characters and a talking dog leaping through what seemed like an endless fucking forest. That's about 25 fucking minutes of three main characters being lectured by a dog as they jumped from branch to branch, tree to tree.

The fuck.

J.B.R said:

I can easily say that it's the fanboys fault that after DBZ it went downhill, except for the movies, the movies were good, specially the Broly Saga movies, those are to me the best ones so far.
Other than that, i also blame Akira Toryama for easily letting in on the fanboy's desires.

Evidence?

esselfortium said:

I only watched the last season of Dragon Ball where Goku was a teen and eventually ended up fighting Piccolo Jr in a tournament, It got very boring throughout the whole thing and only the last few filler episodes where Goku had to save Chi Chi's father from the fires surrounding the castle were the only episodes which were even remotely interesting to watch.

I can hardly recall my memories from childhood about Dragon Ball. I have no idea who is Bills so I googled him, and still have no idea.

kristus said:

What is this thread about?

Something involving a dragon ball, which could be a new AD&D campaign or an end-of-year fancy dress school prom.

antares031 said:

I can hardly recall my memories from childhood about Dragon Ball. I have no idea who is Bills so I googled him, and still have no idea.

You won't have any memories of him, he's a new character.

Birus, following Toriyama's name gag (it's a pun on 'virus'), was basically added in the recent movies to be a foil to Goku. He isn't evil per se, just someone who is supposed to be alot more powerful than Goku. Goku will likely overcome the odds and beat him eventually.

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

Birus was basically added in the recent movies to be a foil to Goku.

Ah, I see. Somehow I forgot that DBZ is still ongoing franchise. Although my favorite villain will always be the Frieza.

I've watched all of Dragonball and DragonballZ in their entirety several times over the course of my life and have no clue who "Bills" is.

EDIT

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

Birus, following Toriyama's name gag (it's a pun on 'virus'), was basically added in the recent movies to be a foil to Goku. He isn't evil per se, just someone who is supposed to be alot more powerful than Goku. Goku will likely overcome the odds and beat him eventually.

D'OH, I see.

On a related note, since I never get to rant about this anywhere.. If someone starts from episode 1 of DBZ, they're basically missing half the story and a lot of context that gives things meaning is completely lost.

Pedro VC said:

Bills was cool in the movie, because he showed that there's Goku wasn't an invicible god and there's still people stronger in the universe. I have not seen DBS yet, though.

Yet there was so many stupidity in the movie like seriously since when did goku gives up on a Fight? and why not didn't he get the idea of the fusion with
vegeta? all of it was Simply pisspoor.

Glaice said:

That surely made my interest go down, essel..Those almost full episodes of Goku & co powering up and shit, like when he spent almost an entire episode grunting and screaming as he got energy for the spirit bomb to use on Frieza.

Couldn't agree More!

FireFish said:

My thoughts on what i have seen from the new DB show (super) is :

- There is no audiovisual impact, forget it. Fights are slow, charging up barely moves the screen, and explosions look and feel like a soundless soap bubble going pop. an entire planet gets cut in half while the screen does not move... a silent sound goes fshhh... damn... in the last movie they where fighting in a damn cave at levels higher than ssj3 and the cave well... remained a cave and nothing even gave you an impression of power.

- The story dropped from a 1990's and early 2000's late teen and early young adult level to the level of pre-teen morons with no mental abilities.

- The animation quality and coloring style is bellow all standards and almost feels like a western lowbudget cartoon-network production.

down right the worst animation i have ever seen in any serious anime made after the year 2006, and eveything which made DB and DBZ good to me is totally non existent in DBS. Thats what i wanted to know before i would have ever bought or imported a DVD box set. I do not even want to see anything related to that thing ever again in my entire life... And i am a damn japanese anime media nutcase.

Yup kind of ben10 drawing style.

Avoozl said:

And I thought GT was bad.

The baby saga wasn't good though.

I enjoyed DBZ, but it was too unpredictable. DBGT was sorta mediocre for me, and was a tad disappointed in the series ending.