Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RaphaelMode

Hey Baby TC 1.1 - Books and fatal jumps!

Can game mods be art?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Can game mods be art?

• Yes!
    • Maaaybe?
    • NO GO AWAY PLEASE!!!
    • Adminse

Version 1.1 As of December! Download it in this, and see all the new changes below

Welcome people!

I diecided I have to broadcast my works directly to the forum anyway.

This is a TC supposedly based on Hey Baby game by Suyin Looui, but it's artistically modified.
Here, the protagonist has to a complish a number of non-specific tasks while (not)
interacting with toxic society which is either incredibly vivicious individuals
who want to chew you into figurative pieces, gulp down the red meat and spit out the rest
or clueless fools who just want to smile at you not understanding that baring their teeth
is the first step towards chewing into figurative pieces et caetera in this district
and so every such person needs to be shot with assertivity to stay safe,
and it's the vest for them to lEArn sooner than latter.
()Thechnically I did not include them in, this is a sample to see if you appreciate it
you have an amount in assertivity which regenerates slowly,
but the woulds of your mind can not be healed!
()a t least until you finish a level and rest

There are two levels. (Maos)
There are three difficulty level:
<> Payback time: Basic and mostly easy skill level, as you can withstand the unpleasant people
who in this certain town contain the majority of population
green - people who don't want to bug you)
you have high resistance and the assertivity supply.

<>PTSD: You can still fight off, but you are incredibly sensitive
an the slightest touch can make you explode.

<>5 nights at Gor: probably the highest difficulty.
You mantain a somewhat thick skin
but you have no means of defense at all.
(only telefragging which is useful on level 2,
if gggmork, Goatlord or some other intelligent person can think of
what does it mean, it will be awesome, the theory I came up with on the fly
is the talking about the present/not present people dichotomy which when
exposed on awkward or hypocritical person would cause the unpleasant kind of destruction,
rather than assertivity which is efficient but not cruel as every source cites,
the protagonist opens the door announcing her presence and the offender just explodes into pieces
just like she sometimes does. I don't know if there's a better idea)
this is really hard and involves lot of avoiding,
also sometimes walking on railings on level 2,
which makes the game nearly cinematic and breathtakingly symbolic,
should it be released as something polished and acceptable.

I hope you will be good enough to enjoy it.

DOWNLOAD (Zdoom engine not included)

The game also requires Doom2/TNT/Plutonia IWAD, sorry.

Hey Baby TC
A Doom mod by Raphael Moore

I did take screens and I uploaded them too!

The "noon" level is the less atmospheric calm before the storm. Not pictured: the area with red bricks and assumed burned tires, completelly optional, the place where seriously most of biggest toxic hang out.
You can peek behind the trees but even though the is dark alraedy, your miscellaneous aerthly inhibitions are keeping you not-home. This is the second map: The evening, when everything is dark and the atmosphere is properly creepy and everyone can bug you.
You're less than alone on the balcony. The view is rather breathtaking, but don't laen too much or you will rather symbolically tumble downwards and literally braek your bones. On high difficulty levels you may NEED to walk on/over railings whis as I mentioned before boost the symbolism throughout the roof.'
Once again(?) Green denotes harmless individuals such as you, the ones shod with assertivity or passive NPC-s. Pictured: A morbid cherry on the philosophical cake.

For some reason the link in your post doesnt work, here's what it redirected me to: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ijuiwag9z3nwio/smooth.rar

EDIT: So, I played this. It was definitely a thing. I especially loved the gray marines that turn green and jump 50 feet in the air after doing the wilhelm scream, it touched my privates in a way or place that I really liked.

no but seriously wtf is this shit

Jokewad. Kinda funny, though, at least for a few moments - it's good that you've decided to go for a no-challenge rather than having the player die unfairly.

RaphaelMode said:

Welcome people!
I diecided I have to broadcast my works directly to the forum anyway.

Oh God.

RaphaelMode said:

Here, the protagonist has to a complish a number of non-specific tasks while (not)
interacting with toxic society which is either incredibly vivicious individuals
who want to chew you into figurative pieces, gulp down the red meat and spit out the rest
or clueless fools who just want to smile at you not understanding that baring their teeth
is the first step towards chewing into figurative pieces et caetera in this district
and so every such person needs to be shot with assertivity to stay safe,
and it's the vest for them to lEArn sooner than latter.
()Thechnically I did not include them in, this is a sample to see if you appreciate it
you have an amount in assertivity which regenerates slowly,
but the woulds of your mind can not be healed!
()a t least until you finish a level and rest

plainenglish.co.uk

Neverthleless this is the valiant project for all mankind. Step forward, brave soldier! Jump one hundred feet, like the thundercat escaping danger, and maintain assertiveness! Gun down the clueless, for this is our cause! Great freedom awaits! And remember, streets are dangerous! Always wear a condom!

I genuinely thought the title was meant to be "Autistic expression" until it dawned on me the missing letter is supposed to be an R.

MajorRawne said:

Oh God.

I'm glad you apperciate.

This is quite great and should be a thing, but when did we start talking about legal documents I don't know.

Neverthleless this is the valiant project for all mankind. Step forward, brave soldier! Jump one hundred feet, like the thundercat escaping danger, and maintain assertiveness! Gun down the clueless, for this is our cause! Great freedom awaits! And remember, streets are dangerous! Always wear a condom!

That is great, and it appears to be an opinion about my conytnt (certain prases and the fact that you posted it in this thread hint at), so I'm mostly sure that you consciously put this statement together after reading the thread and possibly even playing the mod! A multiple number of people played this, which I apperciate. (though I probably should still try harder, whether to appease the visitors with screenshots (I have them but did not upload, dammit) or by plain text with enough power (I might be too neurotypical to do that, I'm not sure, and if any thing I do this arbitrarily.))

Anyway, anyone got to the second level? In certain aspects it becomes even more emothional AND sociological (it contains the aforementioned door amongst others). Our username is RaphaelMode!

I hope I can keep posting. I don't know how long can I stay in this place. (Because if you're curious, I'm currently located in a place and using a very old computer, next to 4 other even older computers that don't work at all. And now I don't need to describe the place anymore because the computers are perfect metaphor. (also, this place is a college (and for those who ddn't guess, it sucks in a way it was doomed to suck in, even though it's supposedly a technology sector and yet! There's no technology in this place(actually there is some but no one uses it to do something well(at least not something that will help the college(evewryone hasd their own lives and want not to do something that they're no tpaid for (and yet, this might just be country specific.))))))) but I digress. I WILL be able to post on the forum in some kinda sorta way... so...

Suggestions? Questions? Anything?
(note that I am always capable to use my email adress, at laest moreso than the forrums I think)

OK, I've been playing this two whole days and I can't exit the first level. What I'm supposed to do to open the door?

Zed said:

OK, I've been playing this two whole days and I can't exit the first level. What I'm supposed to do to open the door?

Collect all of the yellow papers, you get a message that its time to go home and the exit is then open.

UPDATE: I spared everyonebody the morbid struggles of downloading the mod without any knowledge of the content apart of the textual description. Here are four screen shots.

The "noon" level is the less atmospheric calm before the storm. Not pictured: the area with red bricks and assumed burned tires, completelly optional, the place where seriously most of biggest toxic hang out.
You can peek behind the trees but even though the is dark alraedy, your miscellaneous aerthly inhibitions are keeping you not-home. This is the second map: The evening, when everything is dark and the atmosphere is properly creepy and everyone can bug you.
You're less than alone on the balcony. The view is rather breathtaking, but don't laen too much or you will rather symbolically tumble downwards and literally braek your bones. On high difficulty levels you may NEED to walk on/over railings whis as I mentioned before boost the symbolism throughout the roof.'
Once again(?) Green denotes harmless individuals such as you, the ones shod with assertivity or passive NPC-s. Pictured: A morbid cherry on the philosophical cake.

I'm sorry for the delay
I only have Internet Access
about once a week.

Even TerryWADs are art? It certainly shows the point of view of a person different than most humans, which is rather artful. It also displays the sexual struggles of these and many other people. But I won't aleborate about the psychology of digital rape I presume. OR maybe I will just not in ths thraed. Because you sometimes

MajorRawne said:

RaphaelMode said:

diecided
thechnically
apperciate
everyonebody
completelly
aerthly
braek
aleborate
ths thraed

He obviously knows English, but he might be dyslexic.

RaphaelMode said:
I diecided...

Hahaha, English isn´t my first language, at first I thought this was some new expression that meant: "decide by throwing a die".

Like Gary Gygax in that one Futurama episode for example.

H0neyBe4r said:

Hahaha, English isn´t my first language, at first I thought this was some new expression that meant: "decide by throwing a die".

This is a very good idea. Making a diecision should definitely be a word.

I made a version 1.1 out now!

Versions changed in this version:
- Levels increased from 2 to 3
- Secreet books added (1 on every level)! they will do something in the final version.
- Goals now appear on automap. (but exit doesn't)
- Harmless creeps added
- End-level statistics are now meaningful. you can see how many people you assertiveness-d were nice and how much of general populace of creepy people they were.
- Unfitting midi removed and replaced with many others
- Music is now skill-dependent as intended.
- All sounds replaced with more fitting
- A type of health pickup added.
- the amount of toxic people increases overtime.
- Damage dealt by toxic people is now between 5 and 15 instead of 2 and 20 damafe points.
- Harassment has sound effects now. (sound as in noise)
- Quit messages increased form twenty seven to twenty eight.
- Technical changes to accomodate the new items.
- Non-interactive characters and downed enemies are light brown instead of green.
- Custom player palette disabled. Now it's always light brown.

DOWNLOAD THAT

Sodaholic said:

Are game mods art? Of course! Even TerryWADs are art.

When did a painting ever try to destroy my hearing?