Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Italo-Doom: 20 Extreme-Slaughter™ maps [/idgames]

Dannebubinga and I made some boom-compatible (-complevel 9) maps, 20 to be precise. They're absurdly difficult slaughter maps which most players will probably hate. Featuring award-winning map design:

- No difficulty settings!
- Mandatory platforming!
- Inescapable pits!
- This is map01

Here are some screenshots:

Here is some download: download [/idgames]

dobu gabu maru said:

Oh my god what is wrong with you guys

YES THIS

LGOEWGLAWOEHLWOAEHLWOLHOAHKAUJHJAWE,HTRAKWJL,GYHWEAHRVN,AVGJWEAAHEJKLGAWEGAAGABNAALNANLKANKLTANOHKAEWNRAENLWRANEWANRAWNERNAWANANANANANANANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNANANANNANANANNANAEAWERNAWERNAWERNAWNAN

Why Italo-doom? Ah no, i get it, it's because is inspired by italo-disco / italo-dance, right?

Anyway looks like a suicide.

Keyboard_Doomer said:

-complevel 9, I assume...?

ahh yes. my apologies. noted in OP now.

rdwpa said:

How do you deal with all of those fucking cybers at the end? I guess I have to be stingier with cell ammo early on.

yeah their infinite-tallness makes it a bitch to get the final cell cache. perhaps a few of those packs need to be moved to earlier on the rev ledge.

I've set up a Bestever Zandro server for COOP if anybody wants to give it a blast, it's not survival but no Complex Doom!

Heh, at least noone can complain that it's too easy on HNTR :D. Totally insane stuff, far beyond my skills so i hope someone records demos for this.

Looks redundant. I wouldn't have fun in these boring layouts and lazy monster placement. Sunlust got some charm to it because it was clever and made you think.
I especially loathe the revenant-icious screenshots.

Hmm, the difficulty is actually quite manageable (i.e., not "die multiple times a minute" hard) when you know what to do. Not as intimidating as I thought.

joe-ilya said:

Looks redundant. I wouldn't have fun in these boring layouts and lazy monster placement. Sunlust got some charm to it because it was clever and made you think.
I especially loathe the revenant-icious screenshots.

Maybe you're not in the target audience. :)

dobu gabu maru said:

Oh my god what is wrong with you guys

Nothing. We just like italo-dancing around revenants. Baila bolero!

Too bad you didn't like it Joe-ilya! It would mean a lot to me to get your seal of approval.

Dammit Ribbiks/Danne, I can't play/demo all these wads at the same time! How do you even make these things so fast?

Here's - MAP01 - UV-Max in 7:32.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qz4199ddmq6pkvd/ita01-732-BlooditeKrypto.lmp

Not an optimized route just wanted to prove I can beat the map. Fairly reasonable after the lucky start and diving into the slime area, then it's a case of having agile movement and not being reckless when dealing with the Cybers. The only aspect of the map I don't like is the beginning with the Archviles as it seems entirely luckbased whether the Cyber hits them in a split second or your toast as it's near impossible to move reliably between the pinkie horde to ensure you reach cover in time to avoid their fire. Oh and ofcourse the platforming at the end is absurd if you take into account demo recording, their should be a tele even if it is hidden.

A fantastic surprise nevertheless, it feels like a combination of Swift Death + Death Destiny.

I thought I should link it here rather then in the 'Official link demos to other forums' thread given this is still in beta.