Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dobu gabu maru

Hunter II (100 Lines, 0 Mercy)

and you ask what my problem is :p

anyhow, cool map. played with a bajillion saves because I suck at keyboard-only (currently dooming on a laptop because my flight was delayed a million hours). I noodled around the starting room until I got the av-jump to the YSK/ssg, before realizing that was a pretty useless strategy :p. Remaining areas are rather brutally claustrophobic (as expected), so little cover due to all the impassable shenanigans instead of walls.

still like this track. I could play an entire set with midi like that

I think I know the perfect description of this wad:

"You start in hell. To be more specific, a room with two Barons of Hell, four Imps, three Pinkies, an Archvile, a Shotgun Guy, and a SSG and Yellow Skull Key that are out of reach. Yes, life sucks but it is possible. If you do it the right way that is.
NO YOU MORON. IDDQD IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY. Don't you dare cheat in this sacred level. Or you'll wake up in Hunter II."

(Yeah, I know... a ripoff of the descriptions of TeleKill and Four Corners, but it reminded me of those wads...)

Fairly tame map. Spacious start room, with much of the square footage that could be used for a revenant horde or even a quartet of cybers being underutilized. Presence of a shotgun and rocket launcher is very generous -- the pistol and unbeserked fist should be enough given the monster composition. I was expecting all of the ceilings in the map to spontaneously become crushers about a minute in, a standard trope; fairly generous to not do that. Walls should probably be made of arch-viles on UV difficulty. Will try again on nightmare, however.

The pot and kettle rhyme is rather disappointing. It's short. It just doesn't say much. Would no one attempt to make a version of the classic pot and the kettle tale that would be longer than 1000 words? Surely, there has to be some even more eloquent way to say "NO U" that would leave the opponent speechless.

Nice dobu. The difficulty is more than I can afford for certain ;D

This reminds me to finish up some other 100L stuff sitting in Alfonzo-time atm