Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Win7: Doom3 Installer hangs?

So I just dug up my old copy of Doom3 for PC, and partway through installation several times now it hangs on "Removing Applications". Anybody know how I might be able to get around this? Have googled several combinations of words with no luck so far..

Dunno what's the reason, Might be because the installer requires Admin rights to remove some applications, Run it as an Admin and retry .

I don't really remember if I installed Doom 3 full copy on Win7, I can't remember ever having this problem, though I'm running Win10 now. I only remember installing the Doom 3 Demo on Win7, and I didn't have any problem with the install, though the demo itself refuses to run.

Cire said:

The demo itself refuses to run.

Well it turns out that the engine takes a lot of time to initialize, so that's why it's looks like it refuses to run, you have to click it like 2 times for it to run albeit with lower fps.
But after a few days it should initialize 3 secs after, provided you're persistent with it.

I've tried running it as an Admin, no luck. I had a Win7 pc that was 32 bit and it worked perfectly, maybe it has to do with this one being 64 bit?

Doomkid said:

I've tried running it as an Admin, no luck. I had a Win7 pc that was 32 bit and it worked perfectly, maybe it has to do with this one being 64 bit?

Possibly, but I've been using a 64-bit PC for over five years now, and I've never had problems booting or re-installing D3.

Possibly there is a corrupt file which the installer can't extract.

Or maybe the installer is corrupt.

Maybe it could be something with the registry.

Or maybe one of these "applications" is causing the problem.