Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Supermario123311

...Just no.

So from what my friend told me any of the songs that sounded SIMILAR to Doom's is being replaced and making a new entirely indie game from freedoom and dropping pwad support. Honestly, This is far as I can stand.

No.

What happened to the simple "Keep it Doom but not Doom" concept of FreeDoom? Keep your Lizard saving TC as it's own thing. I'm sorry but this has gotten on my nerves since I viewed this board and whatnot. Don't change something that has been worked on for years to something it shouldn't be. FreeDoom is meant to be basically Doom but at the same time not Doom.

What the FUCK is going on here? I apologize if I am sounding like a moaning bitch but this is just... I'm sorry... This is just taking something and ruining it. I love the spriters and all, But changing everything from hell to brainwashed lizards? Just... Hell no.You are making something FreeDoom just SHOULDN'T BE.

It's like censoring everything in the original doom to remove blood and all the unholy references from it... It just seems stupid in hindsight. If you want to make your thing: Make it yourselves. Don't try and derail a project that's been ongoing to something it was never intended to be.

I think you should read the posts and consider every aspect before dropping in.

The idea being considered by some members is to create a fork, so you can have the Iwad replacement Freedoom and the "Indie Game" Freedoom, not just one of the two.

Why is it anything remotely Doom-at is being removed at this point anyway? Again, I thought FreeDoom was supposed to be "Doom but not Doom". And I hear they are trying to get away from that? Just... Why though?

Supermario123311 said:

So from what my friend told me any of the songs that sounded SIMILAR to Doom's is being replaced and making a new entirely indie game from freedoom and dropping pwad support.

PWAD support isn't being dropped, what you heard was talk of a fork that would do that. It's all talk though, nobody's come through to actually lead it yet.

Supermario123311 said:

Again, I thought FreeDoom was supposed to be "Doom but not Doom".

You'd be mistaken. That was never an official goal of the project, and only now is that being taken more seriously.

Supermario123311 said:

And I hear they are trying to get away from that? Just... Why though?

So that it can stand on its own as a decent game, maybe get some more attention that way instead of being dismissed as a cheap Doom knockoff.

Supermario123311 said:

Why is it anything remotely Doom-at is being removed at this point anyway? Again, I thought FreeDoom was supposed to be "Doom but not Doom". And I hear they are trying to get away from that? Just... Why though?

well you thought wrong and if you want freedom to remain the same then don't delete the version you already have

We already have two threads about this and I don't think this is constructive. Feel free to post in one of the other threads if you're willing to discuss things in a more civil matter.

I'd encourage you, as others have done, to read the existing discussion as it seems you have a lot of misconceptions. Jumping in with an ill-informed flame thread like this doesn't help anything.