1. 1. Favorite old-school Game Music?

• Doom series.
    • Hexen
    • Tyrian 2000
    • Wolfenstien
    • Heretic
    • Other (from a doom mod)
    • Other

American McGee's Alice music completly owns me so far. Jass had some nice ass songs. OMF had a few decent ones. Raptor was up there with the greats. Doom music sure as hell rocked. And that's about all for now.

Doom or Descent, if that counts. Descent 2 had the best soundtrack of any game ever.

rapter was good too. OMF had some good lasting music but the game got old soon.

the_Danarchist said:

Doom or Descent, if that counts. Descent 2 had the best soundtrack of any game ever.

descent 2 has a good soundtrack too.

RailGunner said:

OMF had some good lasting music but the game got old soon.

It got old soon? I have a max0red out nova with about 10,000+ wins in it, a jag with 2,000+ wins and a maxed out shadow with 1,000+ wins in it. 13,000 fights alltogether just in the simulation mode, who knows how many I fought in the sp mode. I think I passed the game using every robot with every pilow, and if not I probably was close to it.

orion said:

It got old soon? I have a max0red out nova with about 10,000+ wins in it, a jag with 2,000+ wins and a maxed out shadow with 1,000+ wins in it. 13,000 fights alltogether just in the simulation mode, who knows how many I fought in the sp mode. I think I passed the game using every robot with every pilow, and if not I probably was close to it.

same here. i got bored. i had the game for years now.

its rather hard for me to reply seeing as when i had all these games on my old comp way back...the only music was through a PC speaker which i wisely kept turned off....

but i thought that Doom's music was better than Doom 2's and Descent had some good music as well.

RailGunner said:

same here. i got bored. i had the game for years now.

WTF? If you managed to make robots with 10,000+ wins the game DID NOT get old soon. That has to take a good couple weeks of playing the game every single day for atleast 4 hours.

I've never really liked Doom's music. Too cliche, in my opinion. Same old hard rock/heavy metal nonsense we've all heard in every other FPS. Heretic had some pretty good music, still does, even now. Same thing for HeXen. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night has some of THE best music ever heard for any game, on any platform, IMO.

DooMBoy said:

I've never really liked Doom's music. Too cliche, in my opinion. Same old hard rock/heavy metal nonsense we've all heard in every other FPS. Heretic had some pretty good music, still does, even now. Same thing for HeXen. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night has some of THE best music ever heard for any game, on any platform, IMO.

Yeah, for some reason I've always liked the music from Doom add-ons by people like Klem, Tolwyn, and Fanatic more than the original music itself. However, I really liked Bobby Prince's Duke3d music.

DooMBoy said:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night has some of THE best music ever heard for any game, on any platform, IMO.

To borrow a phrase from Crendowing: Ditt-fucking-O.

I've had the 'sign of evil' (E1M8) music stuck in my head since 1993.

Space Quest! Complete with pc-speaker blip-blip-blop music and funny skits on Star Wars/Trek!

*has a mild seizure as he remenisces*

lament said:

Space Quest!

Bum-ba-da-dum-de-dum-de-dum...dum-da-de-dum-da-dum-de-dum-daaa!

Heh...or something. That was one of the best games ever. Too bad I can't find any version that will work on Win 98.

the_Danarchist said:

Heh...or something. That was one of the best games ever. Too bad I can't find any version that will work on Win 98.

Play them in DOS, silly.

Doom, Doom2, Hexen... thats old midi school...

Hey, everplayed DarkSeed? the quest game based on the Giger images? there music was gooood...