Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Does the Baron have knees?

Does he?

Exhibit A:

There is an ankle, but that's a really muscular foot for Mr Baron. So maybe he has very small knees.

Exhibit B:

Looks like knees, but also looks like thighs. I can't tell! Backwards knees? Exploding knees?

What do you think?

Csonicgo said:

Backwards knees?

That's how I've always seen them. The round thing on the angle in the back of the leg? A kneecap, not an ankle.

They're demons, their anatomy doesn't map perfectly to that of common Earth mammals.

Gez said:

That's how I've always seen them. The round thing on the angle in the back of the leg? A kneecap, not an ankle.

They're demons, their anatomy doesn't map perfectly to that of common Earth mammals.

sounds as if a sprite edit is in order. :P

Here, perfect!

If the pinky can have dinosaur legs, then the baron can have whatever the technical name for those backwards knees are called.

Piper Maru said:

Ungulate?

A clade doesn't answer his question regarding locking joints. A portion of ungulates don't even have legs.

Maybe there just a government experiment on captured Taliban soldiers gone wrong?
I bet the government was experimenting on goat leg implants, the only problem was that the legs from the goats they got were injected with steroids and when transplanted to a human, the mixture of buff goat DNA and human DNA created a super goat humanoid, the only side effect was that there legs were contorted backwards due to the sheer amount of muscles attaching to the human body.

Csonicgo said:

Exploding knees?

THAT I would like to see.

I agree with Gez. Demon anatomy doesn't have to mirror our own, and I find nothing wrong with the Barons being chicken walkers.

Now that I look at the first screenshot, it surely is painful looking. No wonder they're so in pain they throw all they got at you.

The simplest explanation is that the Baron has Baron legs, and Baron legs properly look the exact same way they're depicted in the game.

Face23785 said:

The simplest explanation is that the Baron has Baron legs, and Baron legs properly look the exact same way they're depicted in the game.

Oh. I see.

A baron has the legs of a horse, which do in fact have knees, but the legs of a Hell Baron better resemble the back legs of a horse that don't have knees, unlike the front legs that do. The anatomical part you are referring to I believe is called a "hock."

(I didn't know this until today)

"Does the Baron have knees?"

Only the most important and pressing issues are discussed here at DoomWorld.
In next weeks episode, we will asking such questions as "How do Cacodemons float?", and "If they are in Hell already, where do the demons go when they die?".

Stay tuned.

Csonicgo said:

The Bad Time Baron should join Hissy as co-mascot of Doomworld and get shuffled into the site masthead rotation.

What you think of as the backwards knees are equivalent of your ankles, everything below that is an extended foot with the hoof being the tippy toes.

Job said:

The Bad Time Baron should join Hissy as co-mascot of Doomworld and get shuffled into the site masthead rotation.

He's already an The DWmegawad Club mascot, probably...