Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 25 - Boxing Day Spectacular!

Link to last months session

Hey kids!

ASS is reaching its second anniversary this month, but will be a little later than usual due to other speedmapping festivities. But that never stopped our festivites, and we will be Celebrating both Boxing Day and the end of 2015 in STYLE.

Join our merry crew (hosted by yours truly) Saturday December 26th at 12 Noon Eastern Time or the night owl/Australians crowd (hosted by Jimmy) twelve hours later. There will be merriment and possibly cake.
Please use http://everytimezone.com/ for all your time zone conversion needs. Daylight savings time is convoluted and bullshit, so just account for your own time zone by using that site.

Former participants this past year (sessions 13 thru 24) please send your favorite themes from said sessions for a possible replay to celebrate a second mostly successful year of ASS. Please send them to my PM box on this site or via Skype.

Hope to see you there, where we put the ASS back in belated ChristmAS Selebration.

scifista42 said:

How do you know so precisely how you will be feeling 6 days ahead?

Well probably because depression doesn't just magically go away

SavageCorona said:

Depression is different in everybody, so do what you must. But for what it is worth, I find mapping therapeutic, and have been in a pretty bad depressive state since about the time I took over. Don't go depriving yourself of something you enjoy on account of depression. That is only letting depression win.

SavageCorona said:

Oh, come on. I'm mapping under depression! Well... not always but whatever.

I'll see if I can- poke me about an hour or so before it happens! I'll get on the IRC and of course I'll be on Skype- so those who have me know where to find me!

FuzzballFox said:

I'll see if I can- poke me about an hour or so before it happens!

Me too please. :3

---

And what about timing and custom stuff, by the way?

Custom textures and music are allowed and encouraged. :) There may be a resource WAD provided so you can use that.

Here's how the session works:

Once time starts, you get 20 minutes to prepare, so use that time to open Doom Builder in readiness, gather resources you want to use, write a custom music track if you're really quick about things (heh...), draw out a layout on paper, etc, it's up to you how you spend that time.

At 20 minutes past the hour, you'll have 2 hours to make a map. If you choose to go into extra time, you can do, but you only get 1 more hour. You should submit the map as soon as you think it's presentable - with monsters and an exit placed. Tweaks and fixes to your map can come afterwards but you won't be allowed to completely overhaul the map.

Hope that helps!

May I request the 32in24-15 set for resources this month? Plenty of textures and /should/ hopefully make packing the stuff together easier rather than worrying about mixed resources and things going missing~

Jimmy said:

Custom textures and music are allowed and encouraged. :) There may be a resource WAD provided so you can use that.

Here's how the session works:

Once time starts, you get 20 minutes to prepare, so use that time to open Doom Builder in readiness, gather resources you want to use, write a custom music track if you're really quick about things (heh...), draw out a layout on paper, etc, it's up to you how you spend that time.

At 20 minutes past the hour, you'll have 2 hours to make a map. If you choose to go into extra time, you can do, but you only get 1 more hour. You should submit the map as soon as you think it's presentable - with monsters and an exit placed. Tweaks and fixes to your map can come afterwards but you won't be allowed to completely overhaul the map.

Hope that helps!

Yup, that helps a lot.
Thanks!

Get in the skype call! Themes will drop in ten minutes.