Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zulk RS

oremoR nohJ, em llik tsum uoy, emag eht niw ot

I'm assuming we all know that the IoS says "To win the game, you must kill me, Jhon Romero." backwards. But the funny thing about the English language is, when a sentence is played in reverse, it can sound like a number of things. What a guy hears or thinks he hears if he tries to make sense of the backwards sentence (thinking it's normal sentence that's just really hard to understand for some reason) may vary from person to person.

So, what I want to ask is, when you heard the Icon say his Iconic lines for the very first time (or all the times before you knew what it actually was), did you try to make sense of it? What did you hear or thought the IoS was saying?

I personally thought he said, "You will die in my asterisk."
(I literally thought he said "asterisk")

I thought it was saying some kind of demonic spell or something like that, as to me it didn't have any sense or resemblance with known words.

gaspe said:

I thought it was saying some kind of demonic spell or something like that, as to me it didn't have any sense or resemblance with known words.

This.

I always thought it was just some random demonic talk.

I actually recorded "To win the game, you must kill me, John Romero" and put it in reverse but it didn't sound anything like it.

But now every 3:00am in the morning a floating decapitated head visits my room.

Chezza said:

Consider yourself lucky.

My wife is half-fish...

Chezza said:

I actually recorded "To win the game, you must kill me, John Romero" and put it in reverse but it didn't sound anything like it.

Try the opposite! Listen to "oremoR nhoJ, em llik tsum uoy, emag eht niw ot", record your attempt at pronouncing it, then reverse the audio. It results in pretty amusing drunk-like talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cYHp7CaXgQ

Chezza said:

Floating Decapitated Head said:

Nwod ti kcus ,hctib ym uoy edam I won!

LittleInferno said:

Gibberish.

Agreed. Sounded a bit like Darth Vader (with clogged sinuses) trying to read a Klingon restaurant menu.

"Remoo nohj, eem blixit, seh-weh nay thim theh wooj."

I don't even bother trying to parse it into proper English words. This is all I can hear anymore.