Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Okuplok

untitled 2 - a slaughter map

@ Bloodite Krypto: Uh-huh, now go agead and tell that Holy Hell wasn't a jokewad. Don't make a ridicule out of yourself please, I believe you're more reasonable than that. Especially while taking some of the words written while dropping the others, not good.
Once again: not impossible, but ridiculously overdone. Not only I had an experience of playing it, I can also beat it if I'd really want to. With some excessive savescumming that'd make it feel like a workday at a factory. The problem is, my experience has shown me it's not really something worth fighting for, it's neither interesting nor fun or rewarding to compensate my time wasted on achieving victory. Compare it to "intelligent" and visually appealing slaughtery stuff by some really creative hardcore map designers around here (you know who you are), and this wad will not stand against them. Not even a chance.

Or, if you prefer something that is actually entertaining, you can proceed to watch this vod instead :^) Features savestate abuse due to bullshit bad luck moments (e.g an archvile running past mancs and then falling down into lava), fun strats for every room, and lots of long and hard grindy parts. Long and hard!

yah, cool playthrough bloodite :D. very nice play, and nice articulation of the strats for each area. map is a mixed bag for me, but definitely showcases some interesting 'macro' strategies that can only really be done at such large scales.

In my playthrough I unapologetically idfa'd in a couple situations where I had poorly managed ammo, and double-iddqd'd to get back to 100-hp if I used all the available health but didn't make any huge mistakes otherwise. Interesting to see it played as intended, the r-type/gradius comparison is accurate I think. should this ever have been finished more health/ammo spewed about would be appreciated (at least for lower difficulties).

I'm guessing this was tested in zdoom, boom actions aplenty but little consideration for mobs getting pushed off ledges -.-.

Are there any other WADs similar to the okuplok map? That is the single greatest WAD I've ever played, incredible fun. I've seen some gameplay of Holy Hell, but it doesn't seem to have the same large-scale grinder battles.

Suggestions?

Sunder / Combat Shock (1/2) have some large battles, but you probably know they exist already. :p

This one is just really over-the-top in ways it's hard to think of many analogs. The bigger Death-Destiny maps (e.g. Disturbia, No Chance) might fit the bill, although he isn't full-on hundreds-of-monsters-at-once slaughter. New Gothic Movement 1. gggmork a map with like a few-dozen-cyberdemons fight. Idk.

Thanks for the reply! I'll check those out, though it sounds like nothing quite measures up to the gameplay of untitled 2. Honestly that WAD took me longer to beat than most full length games, and I loved every bit of it!

sry to bring this up, but i would have made the last room with mass baron and not pinky demon, too few baron of hell in this one compared ot the others monsters

How to play that map?

Prboom-plus-2.5.1.4

Initially it returns "CheckIWAD tag oku2v31.wad not present", so I've changed first symbol in hex editor (P -> I).

Now it returns "W_GetNumForName: PNAMES not found".

What's wrong?