Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

Romero interview on Quora

At first I thought that having to open each question in a separate browser window was annoying. Then I found out that all of the questions after the first one can only be viewed when you log in via Facebook or Google account. Meh.

I enjoyed reading those questions and answers. Some were repetitive but I seem to always enjoy watching and reading interviews with John Romero.

There are some interesting questions and answers in there if you want to look for them. Im surprised to see John Romero still answering the same generic questions he's answered so many times before, though.

"how do you become a game programmer, what was it like working at id software, what do you think of this game, etc."

Do those questions still need answers? I'm sure his answer hasn't changed much since he answered those same questions last year and probably again the year before. He's a great guy and seems so friendly, it would be nicer to see him talk in a light dinner type conversation than these monotone interviews.

40oz said:

There are some interesting questions and answers in there if you want to look for them. Im surprised to see John Romero still answering the same generic questions he's answered so many times before, though.

I wonder if there is a celebrity interview database with all questions ever asked neatly put together. Could be a nice tool for interviewers to see what hasn't been answered yet.

Piper Maru said:

At this point it's probably all routine for Romero.

Yeah after many years of interviews and being a gaming celebrity I think he has become very familiar with the routine for repetitive questions, innocent but hounding fan attention and always becoming the primary focus. Besides he really loves his work so when the conversation is about it I'm sure he naturally becomes a bit gregarious.

Calloused from many years of being asked the same stupid questions about Daikatana, Romero can take on the world.

Chezza said:

Yeah after many years of interviews and being a gaming celebrity I think he has become very familiar with the routine for repetitive questions, innocent but hounding fan attention and always becoming the primary focus. Besides he really loves his work so when the conversation is about it I'm sure he naturally becomes a bit gregarious.

Which is why we need to get him for a Doomworld/Doom Radio interview where we can ask new questions.