Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Freedoom Monster Discussion

First, the Spidermastermind. Any news on it, cause honestly,
It is weird (especially the death sprites).

Second, the Barons and Knights. Any contributers for this monster?
Why? You may have noticed the white pixels on the outer layer of the sprite, suggesting improper cutting.

Do you think the chaingunner should be changed? I don't. Maybe some dried blood on its sprites.

No, I'm not ranting. Just saying my thoughts on them.

Voros said:

Second, the Barons and Knights. Any contributers for this monster?
Why? You may have noticed the white pixels on the outer layer of the sprite, suggesting improper cutting.

Maz Hades created nice recolours that address this issue: two are here, and an updated version here. However, those have not been contributed yet.

Raymoo is doing a shitload of monsters, like the Baron and Revenant, and I think he showed concepts for a new Hellknight once too. Wesley updated his spider mastermind not long ago. Urric is also said to be working on a new archvile, but we haven't had any updates on it yet, so I don't know.
And since we're on the topic, I think the lost soul could use a little polishing. If possible, keeping the same design, but giving him new attack and pain frames. Right now those 2 animation are just the idle sprites but with glowing eyes. I might be up to the task, but first I gotta finish the Blasphemer player.

hopefully this will clear up the confusion

that is the future bestiary for freedoom, due notice however that some of those designs are still being tweaked

soda recently told me hes interested in finishing some of the new monsters, but he hasnt told me wich hes going to work on yet, horrormovieguy would you be willing to help out too?

Doctor Nick said:

Frankly, the spider mastermind just needs to be outright replaced. It's a silly design and just looks stupid in action.

Maybe when they finish that new Cyber, we could use the current Cyber as a Mastermind replacement? It's already pretty similar in design.

I'm not too keen on that Gargoyle thing being a Lost soul replacement, I'd be interested to see how HMG polishes the Deadflare first.

Doctor Nick said:

Frankly, the spider mastermind just needs to be outright replaced. It's a silly design and just looks stupid in action.

make a new one then

robotdog1 said:

Maybe when they finish that new Cyber, we could use the current Cyber as a Mastermind replacement? It's already pretty similar in design.

its been discussed, the problem is that the current cyber is far too small for the spidermastermind

honestly all the wesley spider needs is a retexturing, and a few edits here and there, wich is something im willing to do once im done with the other monsters

HorrorMovieGuy said:

Wesley updated his spider mastermind not long ago.

So it was his design from the beginning?

He should let go of it. I don't think anything short of a complete overhaul is going to produce acceptable results.

raymoohawk said:

its been discussed, the problem is that the current cyber is far too small for the spidermastermind

Scaling it and dealing with the resulting artifacts might be tedious, but it's doable.

I was bored, so I tried polishing up a frame of the Deadflare myself as a proof of concept. mirroring around certain bits, fraying the fire more, and adjusting contrast on the skull. I dunno if I have the skill to follow through on this but maybe someone else could use it if they want to attempt.

I like that Dead flare, it looks so angry!

Anyway, what about those Nazis? Anyone working on that?

Voros said:

Anyway, what about those Nazis? Anyone working on that?

I believe they're the sixth monster on Ray's lineup, between the orb monster/caco and the serpentipede/imp.

Gez said:

I believe they're the sixth monster on Ray's lineup, between the orb monster/caco and the serpentipede/imp.

Resembles something from that Fallout 4 cover/mech/suit/something metal.

How long will it take to implement the whole row of monsters? One year?

I always wondered how all the monsters were connected with each other. Feels like fighting aliens rather than demons (probably because Doom took the demon idea first in me).