Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

updated pick ups and decorations

All of those are simply awesome! :) This certainly adds a unique character to the game.

Maybe the left part of the health bonus could be made more symmetrical, something like this?
or maybe

Also the central part of the armour bonus seems very bright to me. Perhaps the red could be replaced with a different colour (bight blue maybe)?

raymoohawk said:

tho i just added a new rocket and rocket box

Just wow. There's an amazing level of detail to your sprites. Great work!

On another note, the current PSRTA0 pickup sprite has a relatively low height, which reduces its visibility. It may get obscured by monster corpses and is generally not easy to notice. Comparison:
https://github.com/freedoom/attic/blob/master/sodaholic/sprites/pstra0.gif?raw=true https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/blob/master/sprites/pstra0.gif?raw=true
Would be nice if you could make a better version, either based on Maz Hades' work or on the old pickup designs from Freedoom. Or maybe something entirely original altogether?

i've actually been trying to trow together a new version. i really like the mazmon version, but i havent been able to resize it in a way that looks good

Maybe position the vial vertically and turn the head-shaped plug so that it "sits" on the top of the vial like on its neck?

I think it's cool. There's a lot of red, but considering that it heals the player to 100% and adds a red haze the appearance of this powerup is consistent with its effects.

Well, I said that already and I'll repeat that all these are excellent and an obvious improvement over the older assets they are intended to replace.

I just checked the recent build. The new pickups are awesome, and the clip Maz did works great in the game (I was kinda concerned it was very tiny).

However, I noticed that in MAP01 the floor lamps appear to hang from the moving platforms' ledges:

I'm unsure if this is related to the sprite offsets or to their position on the map though. (NOTE: The Kulak face and the pistol are not yet parts of the new build, I just loaded these as PWADs when testing.)

Otherwise, all the new stuff is a definite improvement over previous versions.

BTW [b]raymoohawk[/]b, I think you found a great art style for tech items with the new pickups and especially the floor lamp. Perhaps you would consider doing your magic on some switches too? I've always felt this one could use some improvement:

a lot of the sprites i commited need offset correction, i fixed most of them, but some of them like the colua0 and canda0 still need correction and just thinking about doing that tedious task of offset correction depresses me

about that texture, yeah its horrible, i may give it a try, but i'd much rather focus on my monsters

they still look real good!

about the pallete i sometimes wish we would make a new pallete that consisted of more vibrant versions of the same colors, such that it wouldnt break compatability, but would make everything look more alive

raymoohawk said:

a lot of the sprites i commited need offset correction, i fixed most of them, but some of them like the colua0 and canda0 still need correction and just thinking about doing that tedious task of offset correction depresses me

What needs correcting?

I will do some correcting and make a pull request.

thanks andrew, off the top of my head the sboxa0 is floating about a pixel or two, and the canda0 and colua0 are a litle buried, so they look like they are sliding, they are the same height as the doom versions so this isnt a problem with size. theres more sprites that need correcting, but i'll check them out when i wake up