Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GZQTEST is a single map in the style of Quake.

I may develop it further in the future, but for the time being I'll just leave it here for your amusement. Feel free to use any internal assets as you see fit.

Requires:

GZDoom or Zandronium

Recommended:

Mouselook and Jump

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v3m2ouvfbjk43yy/GZQTEST.pk3

If you have any sky issues then try setting texture filter to NONE or LINEAR. (Display Options>OpenGL Options>Texture Options>Texture Filter Mode)

Nice map. Excellent use of 3D floors that actually are part of the gameplay. The exit area is kind of dark, though.

Really cool stuff! I love the usage of dynamic lights in the level, including that scrolling clouds skybox!

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but (G)ZDoom wads/pk3s with levels instead of just gameplay mods seem to be kind of rare-ish nowadays, so this was a pleasant surprise. Nice use of lighting tricks here and there too, always love little details like that. Overall, a good solid map, if a little on the easy side. Good stuff!

Easy gameplay indeed, but a competent recreation of Q1's look and feel otherwise, good work on that. I'm really curious to see something more medieval-oriented, and judging by some screens posted some time ago in the picture thread - it's not too far from coming to fruition (is it?).

From the name I wondered if it were a recreation of QTest, the deathmatch beta. Well obviously not!

Beautiful map. The geometry of the architecture reminds of WTMDG, the aesthetics is fully Quake, and the 3D floors are used well. It'd be interesting if it evolved into a short episode.

looks very nice.

what i dislike though are the large open areas in combination with hitscan monsters. they hit you from the other side of the room, no matter what. i would maybe create some custom monsters that use hitscan or replace the shotgunguy and zombieman with imps or something.

one question though: why use the doom engine when you use 3d floors and stuff? why not make it in qeradiant for quake?

Once the WTMDG Beta is finished I may come back to this. I've got a bunch of medieval test rooms, but nothing resembling finished levels.

It started out as just an experiment in GZDoom, and discovering what I could and couldn't do. Turns out creating pseudo-quake-stuff with 3D floors is probably more time consuming than just building a quake level.

I've always loved the level design in Quake, though I definitely prefer the gun play in Doom, so trying to combine the two intrigues me.

If I do build a full episode, I probably won't include this level, since as others have noted the gameplay sort of works, but isn't particularly great. It's more tech demo than anything serious.

This was fantastic. Felt like a Quake map - a really good Quake map - as much as it looked it. Amazing that you pulled off such fantastic architecture in the Doom engine, but that's perhaps to be expected from the Way Too Many Dead Guys guy. :)

Gameplay was tough but fun. For some reason I ran totally out of health for the end battle.

Your work is highly respectable. Please keep it up! :D

Ok,that was interesting,it have the Quake feeling and the Doom gameplay at the same time,drowning in poison,seeing monsters in it,being attacked by them while it sounds different at the the same time,being attacked by all angles and heights with i guess a mix of Doom/Quake Engine,is great,nice final room too.

An other level like this but with Doom Monsters in real early 3D will be interesting to play,or a Doom Level with Quake 1 Engine.