Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireFish

Post about your favourite actors or actresses ?

I does not matter if they played in only one movie, you know only one role, or if they retired or not. Let us know which big screen woman has taken your heart and ended up on your list of all time favourites. So... Who are your favourite actors and actresses, and why do you like them ?

To be honest... This list could grow until i run out of willpower to write any more of it. I will try to condence it into a smaller list which hopefully motivates people to post their favourites.

Daniel Day Lewis :
There Will Be Blood, and Gangs Of New York. This man is Epic with his unique, serious, ways. He fits the roles he plays as the roles fit him in terms of acting and appearances.

Nicholas Cage :
Time to Kill. Lord of war. Ghost Rider. Con Air. Kick-Ass. This guy has a range. He plays such diverse roles yet makes them into his own unique thing.

Bruce willis :
Even though he always plays that same role over and over again, even if it is in a different movie with different characters. kind of odd.

Sylvester Stalone :
I like all the Rambo's, i like most of the rocky movies, and i can stand The Expendables. This man is such an icon that he only needs two movie series to be one of "the" action movie actors.

Arnold swartzenegger :
One huge mistake one could make is to claim that he can not act. Try to play a terminator, try to be mister freeze, try to act anything like he did. You will look like a fool, sound like a fool, and be an amateur at it.

Mark Hamill :
There is only one Luke Skywalker. This guy hit the mark with his one true role, And kept the world in its wake.

Milla Jovovich :
There Do not seem to be many woman who are able to act in action scenes without it being kind of awkward... But Milla jovovich does it better than many men. To me she does not only look good, she is a damn good actress in terms of big screen, mainstream movies from the 5th element up to resident evil.

R.E. the final chapter promo : https://www.instagram.com/p/-yS-PizMje/?taken-by=millajovovich
R.E. The final chapter artwork : https://www.instagram.com/p/-_XPA6zMse/

Lucy Lawless :
It migh be getting old, it might be slightly forgotten, but there would not have been anybody more fitting for the role known as Xena as her. A good looking woman portrayed a character which entertained many kids and teens during the 90's and early 00's. I would not be surprised that she would have been the first woman in such a role to be shown to many kids and teens... possibly opening an eye or two (among other things ;)

lucy liu :
I think she hit home with her role in Kill Bill. That is enough to convince me. the Quintin Tarantine movies and the man with the iron fists are all i need to realy like her ways of acting.

Sigourney Weaver :
There can only be one Ripley. To me this actress has that certain thing. That which also Milla jovovich has. Give them an action role and they will show you non awkward convincing action. Not to mention the emotion which S. Weaver had put into that one role.

karen gillan :
her role in DR. who was spot on.

I've always enjoyed watching Simon Pegg on screen, whether it's his comedy stuff or more serious stuff. I might just like his voice or something weird. Jeff Goldblum, too. Sam Neil is a good watch, and I like Adam Sandler when he does drama, though he very rarely does and just sort of shits at a fan to douse everyone else with nowadays. But "Reign Over Me" was pretty fucking good.

Sigourney Weaver is always pretty fun, even in the chick flicks. She seems to carry a pretty demanding screen presence, and usually comes close to eating the scenery in her more recent movies, probably because she has become such a big star.

Also shout out to Joel Edgerton. The latest Gatsby movie was up and down, but Edgerton was by far the most entertaining thing about it as he maliciously ate the set in massive gulps.

Sigourney Weaver (yay, Ripley!), Matt Damon (omg hawt), Miho Nakayama (very cool in Love Letter), Brian Cranston (two words: Walter White), and Toshiro Mifune (god DAMN was he good).

Brian Cranston seems interesting as a person, though I'm going off of very little in saying that. I saw some episode of that Trace your Heritage show on History which was about him trying to figure out his lineage. It seemed like it genuinely humbled him to some degree.

Ok here we go.. I think a lot of Trek actors will show up here.

Sigourney Weaver
Sean Connery
Will Smith
James Cagney
Humphrey Bogart
Katharine Hepburn
Mark Hamill
Harrison Ford
Alec Guinness
Clint Eastwood
James Doohan
William Shatner
Rene Auberjonois
Avery Brooks
Patrick Stewart
Leonard Nimoy
Andrew J. Robinson
DeForest Kelley
Terry Farrell
Brent Spiner
Natalie Portman
Ewan McGregor
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Angelina Jolie
John Rhys-Davies
Vin Diesel
Ian McKellen
Viggo Mortensen
Morgan Freeman
Tom Hanks

Harrison Ford
Sean Connery
Cillian Murphy
Daniel Craig
Gary Oldman
Jared Leto
Jesse Eisenberg

Kate Beckinsale
Naomi Watts
Jennifer Connelly
Christina Ricci

There are probably more but I can't think of at the moment..

Doom Dude said:

- Content cut from a list, scroll up to read it -

Sean Connery
Will Smith
Harrison Ford
Alec Guinness
Clint Eastwood
William Shatner
Leonard Nimoy
Brent Spiner
Ewan McGregor
Vin Diesel
Morgan Freeman

Sean connery will always be Ramirez to me. Will Smith is the man in black. Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness, and Ewan McGregor offcourse. Clint Eastwood because he is one of "the" classics in modern television, Brent "Data" spiner. Vin Diesel has some great action movies behind him... and Morgan Freeman.

That is why i do not like to condense a list into something smaller, there are always so many great entries missing afterwards.

I was in a bit of a hurry when I made my list this morning and I didn't have time to say why I like each particular actor like I was going to. FireFish I have to agree with you, there are so many great actors. I've thought of a few more since then.

Charles Bronson - Loved him in Death Wish, The Mechanic and Death Hunt.
Leslie Nielsen - The Naked Gun films. haha.
Peter Sellers - He was so funny as Chief Inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther films. Sellers and Herbert Lom as Dreyfus is a hilarious combo. Steve Martin trying to do Clouseau is bad. Martin saying 'I want a Hammmmmmmburghrerrrrrrr'... ugh shut up.

As for the Trek Actors... I grew up watching The Original Trek. It was the first sci-fi show I remember watching as a kid. I distinctly recall watching it anytime it was on and remember my brothers asking me why I was watching Trek when it was all reruns. I didn't care, I loved that show and every now and then I nostalgia hard and watch several episodes. It was my first real favorite show.

William Shatner - He killed the Gorn with that crap he scrounged and I was all like 'fuck yeah' and I was just a kid and told my best friend, dude you gotta see this episode! haha Good memories.
James Doohan - Scotty! Who doesn't like Scotty!
DeForest Kelly - Great actor. Dammit Jim! :)
Leonard Nimoy - His performance as Spock is so outstanding. It seems so damned odd that Nimoy, Kelly and Doohan aren't with us anymore. Thankfully we have their performances to enjoy for years to come.
Ricardo Montalban - I'm slipping Ricardo in here because he did appear in TOS as Khan and then he appeared in the Wrath of Khan film. I saw that movie in the theater and I'm still going wow.

For me, those guys stand out among so many other excellent actors to appear in TOS. Then along came The Next Generation. Holy shit, that show was damned fun and I couldn't wait to see the next episode...

Patrick Stewart - What a great actor and he seems like such a cool guy. Another great Trek captain.
Brent Spiner - I remember wondering what a Trek android in the ships crew was going to be like and he really nailed it.

Then Deep Space Nine appeared. When the show hit it's stride it was awesome.

Rene Auberjonois - Love his performance on DS9. So great as Odo.
Andrew J. Robinson - Holy shit. His portrayal as Elim Garak was so incredible. I can re-watch DS9 just to watch Andrew he's just that damned good.
Terry Farrell - Dax is pretty, tough and those patterns. ;)
Avery Brooks - So cool.

Then we have a misc bunch of actors.

Sigourney Weaver - Ripley! So great in Avatar, Alien, Aliens, etc and also Galaxy Quest and other stuff I can't think of right now.
Will Smith - He's in my top 10 somewhere. i Robot, Men In Black...
Sean Connery - My favorite Bond actor. The Hunt For Red October, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and the voice of Draco in Dragonheart.
Clint Eastwood - I watched so many movies with my dad and I remember watching a crapload of olde Spaghetti Westerns way back when. Clint was always a favorite and then Dirty Harry and so many other movies.
Arnold Schwarzenegger - I wonder how many times my dad and I watched Predator and stuff like Total Recall and Terminator. Many explosions and good times were had. Oh and Conan! Dad and I watched Arnolds two Conan films many times. I read Savage Sword of Conan way back when and Conan The Barbarian comics and read Robert E. Howard. Arnold looked like I imagined Conan. Awesome stuff. Lots of good memories.
Tom Hanks - He's so great... I've seen so many of his films and there's a bunch I haven't gotten to yet.
Mark Hamill - Like FireFish said, there's only one Luke Skywalker. I saw Star Wars when I was 11, before there was any sequelitis and that first film remains my favorite film of all time.
Morgan Freeman - He speaks and you have to listen.
Viggo Mortensen - The bastard looked and acted like the Aragorn I read about in the Lord of the Rings. Hildago was also a good film and I need to see The Road, is that on NutFlix? Hmmm..
Harrison Ford - Han Solo and Indiana Jones. Nuff said. ;)
Ian McKellan - Gandalf and Magneto! Wooooooo!
Ewan Mcgregor - As bad as the Star Wars prequels are at times, I do enjoy Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan.
Alec Guinness - So great in so many things, Star Wars included of course.
James Cagney - White Heat! My dad loved the oldschool films and I watched a lot of them with him. Cagney always stood out.
Katherine Hepburn - What a great actress. The African Queen is one of those old movies you watch every now and then just because its that good. Likewise with Rooster Cogburn (1975).
Vin Diesel - Riddick!
Natalie Portman - V For Vavoom! haha.
Angelina Jolie - Wanted! :)
John Rhys-Davies - I first saw him in Indiana Jones and I've liked him ever since. He's been in so much since it's crazy.

I love Ah-nuld because people think he's a lousy actor and yet he tends to steal any scene he's in. I also like that, if you watch interviews with others or behind the scenes stuff, he's super nice and funny.

GoatLord said:

I love Ah-nuld because people think he's a lousy actor and yet he tends to steal any scene he's in. I also like that, if you watch interviews with others or behind the scenes stuff, he's super nice and funny.

Because for what he lacks in pure acting ability he more than makes up for it in sheer charisma.

Bruce Willis, Die Hard, Pulp Fiction,nuff' said.
Sylvester Stallone, Cobra and Demolition Man, i love that verbal violation scene, i still laugh at it.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Terminator, Kindergarten Cop and some other films i forgot.
Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger, Delta Force, Way of the Dragon and Lone Wolf McQuade, that final fight music is very good.
Bruce Lee, Big Boss, Game of Death, Way of the Dragon, he's one of my main inspirations for practising marcial arts.
Jackie Chan, Rush Hour, damn i love those movies, Fearless Hyena, love those fights and also for being funny in his Kung Fu movies, he's another inspiration for me practising marcial arts.
Wesley Snipes, Blade, badass dhampir, shows no fear and kills vampires like nothing, another inspiration for martial arts.
Bruce Campbell, love that voice, the Evil Dead series and being the tutor in the Spider Man movie games, has a strong sense of humor.
Uma Thurman, Kill Bill, bloody and deadly.
Choi Min-sik, Oldboy, takes a bunch of guys with a hammer and goes on like nothing happened.
Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry, love that scene where he points the revolver and asks if the guy is lucky.
Vin Diesel, Fast and Furious, memorable.
Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones, had great laughs with it.
Johnny Depp, Pirates of Caribbean, the Knight without head, some others i don't remember.
Rowan Atkinson, Mr.Bean, some others i can't remember, but still, a barrel of laughs.
Jean Claude Van Damme, great action films, Bloodsport, Double Impact, love that scene where he fights Moon.
Bolo Yeung, a formidable opponent against Mr.Roper in The Way of the Dragon, Bloodsport as the final opponent and that scene in Double Impact where he gets kicked in da face and then gets electrecuted, love that part.

Doom Dude said:

J.B.R have you seen Rowan Atkinson in the Black Adder series? I could go for watching some of that now.

No, i haven't seen that series, might watch it later.

Kit Harington
Gary Oldman
JK Simmons
Harrison Ford
Robert DeNiro
Bruce Campbell
John Malkovich
Bill Moseley
Michael Keaton
Jack Nicholson
Johnny Depp
Winona Ryder
Daryl Hannah

When I grew up, macho muscle men death machine actors were my favorite. These are due to movies like Rambo part 2 and terminator. I think it contributed heavily to my infatuation with Doom. Schwarzenegger and Stalone are obvious candidates. Bruce Willis is somewhat up there too. If I can rope in other role models I might also suggest Macho Man Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan. It seems like there are few muscleman action hero actors anymore and it leaves me wondering if anyone will take their place by the time I have kids. That was really fun for my imagination as a kid to be an unstoppable force that can kill anyone and blow up things with machine guns and plastic explosives. I dont know if there are any actors currently that can play that genre-defining role sufficiently.

There's no shortage of action movies with dangerous hand-to-hand combat protagonists, and perhaps this is just me looking at the industry through an adult lens, but no one ever seems "immortal" in an action movie anymore. Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham and Vin Diesel seem like they could fill that gap but they're getting old fast.