Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

I feel like a new screensaver.

Yeah. I normally don't bother with them. but recently I got into the bad habit of leaving my computer unattended for long stretches. (while downloading stuff).

Ct_red_pants said:

Yeah. I normally don't bother with them. but recently I got into the bad habit of leaving my computer unattended for long stretches. (while downloading stuff).

Then set the monitor to turn itself off after 15 minutes or so.

orion said:

Then set the monitor to turn itself off after 15 minutes or so.

Yeah. I try not to use a screen saver myself; I have a program that runs in the background and uses DirectX, and if the screen saver (or anything else that uses DX) comes on, DX crashes and my video card goes to hell.

I've seen pop-up ads crash DirectX a few times. The results are freaky.

I don't use screensavers atm because all the ones I keep finding suck. Whatever happened to those kick ass Win 3.x screensavers anyway?

I don't use the shutdown feature because I've had bad experiences with it in the past. Half the time, it doesn't want to come back up, the other half of the time some programs get squashed by it.

the_Danarchist said:

I don't use screensavers atm because all the ones I keep finding suck. Whatever happened to those kick ass Win 3.x screensavers anyway?

I don't use the shutdown feature because I've had bad experiences with it in the past. Half the time, it doesn't want to come back up, the other half of the time some programs get squashed by it.

damn screensaver KILL my machine.

I feel like a new screensaver.

Right click, go to Properties, then click the Screen Saver tab. Huzzah!

No use screensavers, I get bored real quick. I just set desktop theme to straight black nowadays.

Screensavers suck. Constantly getting in the way of my reading/coding. As they get more complex, the slower they are to revert back to the original applications when there's little RAM.

I have enough willpower to turn off the monitor.