Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord FlatHead

Quakecon 2002 Extravaganza

From Todd Hollenshead's .plan file:

And, of course, there will be DOOM III. And not just a little bit of DOOM III, but the whole E3 theater with a brand-spanking-new-never-before-publicly-shown presentation. You might think of it as being an extended play version of the "Best of Show" E3 presentation. Sorry, no cameras, so you'll have to come and see it in person.

These days cameras come in all sizes, so I wish someone will bring a camera in the shape of a button on someone's blouse :)

LorD BaZTArD said in a post now buried six feet under:
*Rant in ALL-CAPS about id not allowing cameras*. Could You atleast release an official video? PLEASE!

Exactly. But that isn't going to happen.

So someone has to take a camera.

Don't worry, someone will tape it, like they did the previous time.

As much as I respect id, they suck in this aspect, simply suck!

Bohooo, nothing about whether there'll be any Quake IV info :~(

dsm said:

Bohooo, nothing about whether there'll be any Quake IV info :~(

Maybe they'll save that as a surprise ?!

Dima said:

They REALLY ought to release those videos. Everybody has it and they know it. The leaked video doesn't look very good because of the poor quality. That HAS to have an impact on people's opinions.

Hmm, kind of weird how we're trying to keep leaked images and videos off the forum yet everyone (including the moderators) encourages people to make more illegal recordings.

Lord FlatHead said:

Hmm, kind of weird how we're trying to keep leaked images and videos off the forum yet everyone (including the moderators) encourages people to make more illegal recordings.

Uhh, which of the Mods is encouraging people to do illegal stuff?
The only Mods I've seen any posts by in this thread is the ones I've posted and the one you have posted - and none of those encourage anyone to do anything illegal (at least none of them are meant to).

The best thing to do (if they have time for it) is to after showing the Quakecon footage, is to then release it on the net officially in high-resolution so that everyone will be blown away by it (again).

I don't think that will happen though.

Livo said:

The best thing to do (if they have time for it) is to after showing the Quakecon footage, is to then release it on the net officially in high-resolution so that everyone will be blown away by it (again).

I don't think that will happen though.

Unless Activision gets a hold of it! :P

Disorder said:

Maybe they'll save that as a surprise ?!

Friday:
12:00 - 13:00 Raven Software Workshop Salon C/D/E

Maybe this will be something about quake 4?

I dont need any more doom3 info, screens and movies.. dont want to much spoilers. I would rather like to see some Quake IV info and maby een a screenshot or a small movie..

Shaviro said:

Two hours of duck? woah.

If insulting the Carmack isn't a banreason already, I'll make it one.

I truly hope someone gets a GOOD recording of Carmack's speech this year. Let's hope last year's Quakecon Radio fiasco doesn't happen all over again...

Lord FlatHead said:

Fine. Go ahead and ban me, a long-time DW user, forum user who spends a lot of time here and never broke any rules. And for what? Making a joke?

1. I have absolutely nothing against Carmack. He is an idol to me.
2. Why is it different to make fun of the iD guys and the guy next to you? it's not.
3. If I get banned for making a joke, this place no longer has any value.

What i meant with 'two hours of duck' wasn't that it would be a hopeless, boring two hours of listening to a weird voice. I was wondering if he was really going to make a two hour speach/presentation. That is something i look up to. The woah was for the amazement, not a rant. Maybe my post was a bit unclear, but still...Banning people for joking around is _REALLY_ out of line. (unless the intention is bad). I sure hope you meant that as a joke.

I have nothing but respect for Carmack.

Shaviro said:

fine. Go ahead and ban me, a long-time DW user, forum user who spends a lot of time here. And for what? Making a joke? Go ahead. Goodbye.

*Sarcasm sensors destroyed*

Lord FlatHead said:

It's not the first time people on this forum have poked fun of J. Carmack's, *ahem*, interesting way of talking. None of these guys got banned for that. Although I don't think it's nice to make fun of the id guys, I still think you're overreacting.

Disorder said:

When will they start showing off Doom III?
I'd like to know when to expect the new video's :)

The DOOMIII Presentation will be @ friday

HAMMER-STROKE said:

The DOOMIII Presentation will be @ friday

I can't wait to get home and read all those reports about it :)

I'm sure you'll all hear about the new stuff by the time I get back, but I'll make a post with what was in the video on Sunday or Monday when I have access to a computer again.

Only half an hour before I have to leave. This should be fun.

dsm said:

It's not the first time people on this forum have poked fun of J. Carmack's, *ahem*, interesting way of talking. None of these guys got banned for that. Although I don't think it's nice to make fun of the id guys, I still think you're overreacting.

I really think he was being sarcastic.

There's an 11 minute vid of Doom3 gameplay on **CENSORED**... and it looks OMG amazing. I highly suggest you go find it.

AirRaid said:

There's an 11 minute vid of Doom3 gameplay on **CENSORED**... and it looks OMG amazing. I highly suggest you go find it.

Yes, that would be the leaked vid everyone's talking about. It's pretty obvious how and where to find it if you want it, but we'd really rather not have anyone pointing specifically to leaked material. So don't.