Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

2016 Goals

Any of you have any defined Doom-related goals from 2016? Post 'em, keep each other accountable, etc. [Edit: lol. I just noticed in the process of typing all of this that I take this game too seriously. Edit 2: Expanded the scope to all of 2016 instead of just the first half of the year.]

1. Study "classic design", making a big batch of 90- to 120-minute speedmaps with a classic style and stock Doom II textures and decently challenging gameplay to drive the lessons home.

2. NOVA III map.

3. Learn how to compose BGM at least half-decently. Be more patient -- 8 or 16 bars a day is enough really, there's no need to try to finish the track on the same day that I start it and write a lot of filler.

4. Speedrun more -- it already seems to be improving my regular play by a noticeable amount, without even that many runs yet.

5. Parcel out my mapping time more evenly -- wrt larger projects, it's better to work two or three hours a day half the days in the month than ten hours a day over three or four.

Yes, I like this idea!

My goals are related to projects I started in 2015 and I would like to finish within this year.

1 - Ice Prison, vanilla Hexen map for Zauberer
2 - Nova 3 map
3 - Haunted Hospital for GZDooM
4 - Helm's Deep for Heretic with custom textures

It will be fun and interesting at the end of this year to come back to see what we did.

Finish Catacombs II (eh, it's not really catacombs anymore, need a better name)
NOVA III Map
MORE MIDIS

Angry Saint said:

It will be fun and interesting at the end of this year to come back to see what we did.

Updated thread. Making goals for the entirety of 2016 does make a bit more sense, actually.

finish Legacy of Heroes finish Legacy of Heroes finish Legacy of Heroes finish Legacy of Heroes finish Legacy of Heroes finish Legacy of Heroes......

Finish 3 maps I have for other projects an making one for Nova III.

I have some ideas for other small wads/episodes but I don't plan to start to work seriously on them before I finish the other stuff.

My main goal is to release three short (quality) episodes before the end of the year.

I've been getting more into c programming in my own time (mostly studied c++ in school, and node at work, so I'm not really a low-level native), and noticed a certain Doom open source project is written in the same language. Doubt it'll happen, but it would be cool if I could learn enough to make a valid pull request.

* Finish UAC Enterprises: Rebooted
* Finish the ambient track I am working on
* Create at least three new (surprise) monsters for Rebooted
* Create MONSTERS MONSTERS MONSTERS 2.0, an extended and even more horrifying version of MMM!
* Begin work on Entrepreneurs of Terror, which will utilize MMM 2.0, and may even be a community project

And hopefully
*Do a few Twitch and/or Youtube playthroughs of wads

-Keep Dooming.
-Do some speedmapping and serious mapping, maybe even finish and release some of it.
-Wrap up DMP15 and then manage its sequel unless somebody else actively relieved me.
-Finally wrap up Switcheroom 2!
-Turn this new nodebuilder concept into reality.

-Beat Hell Revealed
-Beat Sunlust
-Beat the Community Chest series
-Acquire 1000+ followers on Twitch channel
-Consider getting into Doom mapping
-Continue to hate Revenants

My goals???

- Make sure everyone here saying they're making a NOVA III map will indeed make a NOVA III map, and ensure that I don't fuck anything up for you all!

(- Get Suitepee to make a map for NOVA III.)

- Figure out how to make midis. I come up with enough song ideas that one of them should stick - the process of playing them out on actual instruments is cool and everything but my memory on this kind of stuff sucks, so I forget 99% of what I play! First step is probably figuring out what midi composer programs are out there, and finding the one I'm most comfortable with.

- Doom 2 episode """sequel""" to Crumbling Necropolis. I was able to rush up a rough version of a typical map in this style for the DWMP 15 thread, so I'm feeling comfortable with how the episode should look and feel. With all the lessons I learned from that map, I'm excited with creating levels that are even better! Also it would actually give me something to offer rather than the ideas for level gimmicks I never shut up about!

- Stream more! Streaming has become my new favourite thing, but my set-up is pretty poor and my current laptop is quite at the low end of what it can handle! I have a bunch of ideas on what to stream too~~

(- Figure out ZDoom modding, and begin early design on a potential Metroidvania-style mod I've been dreaming (lol) of making for several years. But let's get to that once everything else is out of the way. *shhh*)

-Become a better mapper overall
-Finish another deathmatch megawad
-Release a final version of 'lost maps 2'
-Make another succesful CP
-Map more and get a more creative mind

-Stop mapping after finishing my Doomworld Roulette map
-Start streaming! (!) !
-Finish every classic megawad (Memento Mori I, II, Requiem, etc.)
-Beat Doom 4 on Ultra-Violence (or hard/whatever they will name it)
-Play some other games, not just Doom

Ive started recording my playthroughs of every map I play and documenting my kills. In the past couple years since I started I banked ~77,000 killed monsters. It seems to be an average rate of 200 monsters per most generic doom maps, but I still have a lot of unfinished megawads to wrap up, and plenty single maps to go around. My goal is to hit 100,000 before 2017.

40oz said:

Ive started recording my playthroughs of every map I play and documenting my kills. In the past couple years since I started I banked ~77,000 killed monsters.

My goal is to hit 100,000 before 2017.

In case you won't be reaching that number near the end of 2016, make yourself a map that contains as many monsters as you need, and simply crushes them. :)

Speedrunning is always my Doom priority. :)

- Finish the Perdition's Gate demo pack.
- Get back to speedruns for Scythe.
- Do more TAS.
- Play through more wads (both recent major releases and classic megawads).
- Maybe start trying to make serious maps again.

- Release some easy maps, I don't want that you seen me as a sadistic mapper :P

- Make an episode of 12 maps.

- Make more new textures.

- Finish a mega-project for 2017.

- finish that Donnybrooking tribute puzzle map
- release a two-part map called Incompatible Atmospheres that no-one will like
- revive yak faktory blog properly
- somehow work out how to convince the Doom community at large that it needs a casual playthrough demo database as well as a speedrun demo database (and I don't mean Youtube)

(there were also a few projects in #doomtwid I wanna submit to particularly those involving Xaser but I am still worried about my mapping style being inferior and palatable to almost nobody)

-Be the first to re-create NUTS.WAD in DOOM '16

I really haven't thought of much else. I'll post more ideas if they ever come to me.