Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IvyLyons

starting zandronum server works, mouselook does not

ive been playing around with doomseeker sometimes, when i get the chance, and mouselook never works, when enabled or otherwise; i've tried it with vanilla doom 2, and the game will allow free vertical movement of the camera while spectating, but it is stuck to sideways movement during regular play in the server
is this unusual?

I don't play multiplayer much, but maybe the server has disabled mouselook. Did you try multiple servers, or look at the flags of the server you were on?
The reason you can look around when spectating is because you can't affect the game in any way, so it doesn't limit you there.

i just double checked that i had it on (doomseeker calls it "freelook", doesn't it?)
in case my op didn't really specify well, it's exclusively on servers i host, where it happens despite my interactions with the freelook value; singleplayer has it perfectly functional and other servers seem to include it perfectly

A Not working Mouse in Multiplayer server means that The Server owner disallowed Mouselook (Which means there's no way to enable mouselook in that server, unless the Server owner decides to ) .

If it happens on your Server too, then you Probably set the Command to true, try setting it to false and change the map to see if it works :

SV_NoFreelook "false"
You also have to disable it from Server startup menu so you don't have to deal with it next time .

Change your Map using the command MAP , not Changemap .
MAP "MAPXX"
You can do this in game after you login to RCON with the command :
send_password "RCON Password"
And write RCON before each command you want to use , It would become this :
RCON SV_NoFreelook "false"
Then Change the Map
RCON MAP "MAPXX"

well, oddly enough, setting it before the server starts doesn't affect it, but the console command totally fixes it... dunno, but thank you for your help!

also, a side note that may indicate some sort of bug; attempting to enter the RCON password was met with failure for me; it kept telling me that the password was incorrect

IvyLyons said:

well, oddly enough, setting it before the server starts doesn't affect it, but the console command totally fixes it... dunno, but thank you for your help!

also, a side note that may indicate some sort of bug; attempting to enter the RCON password was met with failure for me; it kept telling me that the password was incorrect

You shouldn't start your servers with Doomseeker from now on, Some features don't work fine in it, Start it with Doom Explorer instead .

For the RCON Password, you need to set it first before using it, and Again don't use Doomseeker becausr i'm not sure if it's going to work .