Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uac9000

Checking remaining kills and items in the level.

Can someone tell me if there is a cheat or console command that tells you the location of any remaining monsters and items in the level? I know about iddt, but that doesn't make it clear where the remaining monsters and items are. I want this because i play with brutal doom and project brutality and those mods gameplay spawn extra monsters and items which sometimes mess up the counter.
I realize it's not that important, but i am very ocd when it comes to my games, and i really like having a complete kill/items/secret counter at the end of the level.

I mostly use gzdoom, and i started using doomsday for Hexen, but to my confusion that one doesn't have a kills counter at all.

uac9000 said:

I know about iddt, but that doesn't make it clear where the remaining monsters and items are.

It will in GZDoom, if you set custom colours for monsters and count items in Options/Automap Options/Set Custom Colors.

GreyGhost said:

It will in GZDoom, if you set custom colours for monsters and count items in Options/Automap Options/Set Custom Colors.

Ah thank you, but what about Hexen on doomsday, there doesn't seem to be a counter in there to begin with.

Doomsday only has in map item/kill/secret counters in Doom and Heretic.

Though note that HeXen doesn't have secret sectors anyway.

GreyGhost said:

Or if you set actors to appear as sprites...

I know there aren't secret areas in Hexen, but i'd like to know if there is a way to track monster kills and items in doomsday Hexen.

Save your game. Open Doomsday's console and type "kill" command. It will kill all currently alive monsters in the map, AND tell you how many monsters were killed. That's the number you wanted to know. Now you can load your game from before you've killed the monsters and continue playing.