Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A1E0

is it possible to have overlapping sectors?

i can do it in DUKE3d, and my cumbersome DOOM Companion book mentioned it, but i cant find where (maybe it was a mirage)

Julian worked on a source port for this. RORDoom, but he put it down when 3d floors were implented in EDGE.

kristus said:

RORDoom, but he put it down when 3d floors were implented in EDGE.

A real shame! I think the best solution is to have both ROR and "real" 3D floors.

yes. I think it would have been a nice feature even to those ports with 3d floors.

Besides.. it alowed for some rather twisted editing..you could have made some really bizzarre worlds with it.

Didn't RoRDoom allow you to create impossible architecture such as two separate rooms at the same location?

You can create an illusion of overlapping sectors, but only walk at the lowest level (think upside-down fake bridge), or use the 3d bridge effect in the tutorials.

It's a shame about RORdoom, the effects were very simple to create.

Technically I think sectors with double/self-referencing linedef sidedefs within a sector (pre-Boom effects method of invisible structures) may qualify as overlapping sectors.

Overlapping linedefs served me fine for making a Skull Tag level under normal ZDoom with destructable bridge over destructable bridge over spike pit about two years ago.