Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scifista42

SLADE3 screwed up my TEXTURE1/PNAMES

I was editing a custom SWITCHES lump in SLADE3. First I added a couple switches and saved the lump. Then I changed their "type" from 0:Unknown to 3:Commercial and saved the lump again. Now SLADE3 doesn't recognize the lump as a valid SWITCHES lump. Here is the lump. Aside from this being a SLADE3 bug report, how would I easily turn this lump into a valid SWITCHES lump again?

What version? Is it the newer, generic table interface with a little toolbar with "add row", "delete row", etc. icons?

The SWITCHES format is weird and needs to terminate with a dummy entry. Here's what you can do:
1. select your SWITCHES lump
2. open the console
3. type "type switches force" to force SLADE to recognize that it is a switches lump.
4. Right-click it and choose "covert to SWANTBLS"
5. Right-click the SWANTBLS lump and choose "compile to SWITCHES".

Notice the difference between the new SWITCHES lump and the old: there's an extra row at the end with no names for the textures and type 0.

Thanks, it worked. I had indeed overwritten the last unused entry before, I thought it was there by accident caused by myself. Using version 3.1.1.beta2.

New problem: While editing TEXTURE1 and PNAMES (transferring textures from other wad's TEXTURE1, some of them with missing patch graphics in the wad, eventually using Remove unused textures and then patches too), they somehow got screwed up as well. This time, SLADE3 recognizes them as TEXTURE1/PNAMES and even lets me edit them normally, but ZDoom based ports refuse to launch the wad with them, throwing an error message "Bad texture directory." Other ports refuse to launch the wad due to missing patch graphics, which previously wasn't a problem for ZDoom based ports though. Removing TEXTURE1 from the wad made it work again, so the problem must be there, or in PNAMES.

Here are the TEXTURE1/PNAMES. Any idea what could be done to make them work again?

ZDoom loads it fine for me. (Console is flooded by messages about missing patches, but it doesn't abort.) I didn't get any "bad texture directory" message in my ZDoom console log.

Both ZDoom 2.7.1 and Zandronum 2.1.2 can't load any wad after I put these TEXTURE1 and PNAMES into it. GZDoom 2.1.pre-something development build works, though.

After messing with a hex editor to change the recorded number of textures and do some dichotomy search this way, I've found that if there were less than 707 textures declared it would load successfully in an old ZDoom. The 707th texture, COMPOHSO, has no patch at all!

Also affected are TEKWALL2, TEKWALL5, ROCK12, and STONE8.