Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Deimos Subway: Part I

"Alright men, we're just going to land down there, so what happened and bust a few caps if necessary. Don't be going off on your little excursions, and remember, you only have so much ammo-don't waste it."
These words, spoken to the team by the commander, fall on your deaf ears. You're thinking about seemingly more important things-like what's down there. The UAC space craft lands just outside the Deimos Subway, a couple of miles away from the actual Deimos Base. You've heard about the invasion over at the Deimos Base, but you assumed it was all a big joke. Just some radio guy having some fun. Only time will tell...
You and the guys unsling your shotguns and the commander walks up to the main entrance of the subway. "Commander Jameson-requesting entrance to Deimos Subway." The door doesn't move. "What the hell...," mutters the Commander under his breath. "Well, looks like we'll have to get in by force," he tells the crew. Two team members ready their shotguns, aim at the door, and fire. The door is blown off its hinges and crashes to the metal floor with a loud thunk.
You and the guys step inside. "It's pretty damn quiet in here, sir, do you think-" But the Commander cuts him off. "Quiet," he says gruffly. The offending Marine shuts up. Dead silence, except the uncertain hum of the lights overhead, rings off the walls. "We're going to split up," the Commander says. "There are fifteen of you." He points at you. "You, Gentry, and you, Talmadge, Johanssen, Cover, your assignment is head over to the main subway power station and assess the situation from there. If something's wrong, just use your radio helmet. If it's bad wrong, use your shotgun. Any questions?" While he's assigning the other teams, you, Johanssen, Talmadge, and Cover head over to the main subway power station. But to get there you've got to go a series of tunnels and take a ride on an elevator. You hope there aren't any "things" here.
Team is silent as it goes about its work. You and the guys stealthily head through the darkened tunnels. The lights that are supposed to light these tunnels are down for some reason. Therefore, you and the guys use the nightvision built into your helmets. Almost to the subway, when you hear a rattling hiss coming out of the darkness. You and the guys stop, dead still. You hear the shuffling of feet from somewhere.
Suddenly, Cover cries out. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" you hear him scream. You fire your shotgun once. Unfortuneatly, the buckshot misses. The rest of the team is too dumbfounded to do anything. You hear the sound of a throat being cut open. The other two fire their shotguns in unison. But what they did they shoot?

So, what happens next? Stay tuned for Deimos Subway: Part II.

Umm, how can they land on Deimos when Deimos has been sucked into Hell?

Ok story though - you seem to have built up the suspense nicely.

That's the whole point, the subway's been corrupted by Hell. I was waiting till someone decided to reply before I put on the next chapter.

DooMBoy said:

That's the whole point, the subway's been corrupted by Hell. I was waiting till someone decided to reply before I put on the next chapter.

You still haven't answered the question: How could they land on Deimos at all, since the moon is in Hell and Mars is in our universe?
The only way to get to Deimos according to the game would be through the Phobos gate IIRC.

That's what they did, although I didn't go to the trouble of putting in the story.

I thought this was kind of funny:

"If something's wrong, just use your radio helmet."

Tee-hee.