Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Johnsen

AV on ebay, eh?

Sodaholic said:

I don't think shamelessly selling someone else's noncommercial work is "cute" at all. This guy needs his Ebay account shut down.

And wait until you see the full AVGN series dubbed in Russian pure Gavrilov/Lector style, AND shamelessly providing a link to WebMoney account to reward the author (of the "translation") for his hard work ;-)

Then again, I guess that's be a fun way to learn Russian, if you know your AVGN really well and know what's being said every time.

This reminds me of Sonic Megamix. A hack of Sonic 1 that pirates put on cartridge and sold for money.
Who buys these things anyway? Ignorant Russian moms looking for cheap new games for their kids?

I guess the answer to that is "who buys Famiclones posing as PS4s or Wiis?". Part ignorant parents, part dedicated crowd of those who know ;-)

Forget about that, we have Chex Quest! Some digging also brings up the existence of Plutonia (by itself), Osiris, Simpsons Doom 2, Requiem, and STRAIN, all presumably from the same packager. Allegedly the Osiris one doesn't even work, for the full bootleg experience.

Darklordrobert said:

This reminds me of Sonic Megamix. A hack of Sonic 1 that pirates put on cartridge and sold for money.
Who buys these things anyway? Ignorant Russian moms looking for cheap new games for their kids?

basically, yeah
it's the same way with plug n' play games

I've knowingly bought a ton of ancient bootlegs over the years, but only if they were interesting or, god forbid, actually fun to play. For example, a few years back, I couldn't pass up the Super Mario World famicom cart when I saw it. It plays like shit, but it's a cool addition to the collection. I've got a ton of these bootlegs just for the amusement/historical interest.

You think that's weird? Then look at what I got after finding a Dreamcast..

No, this isn't a very late crappy movie tie-in that nobody knew, otherwise I wouldn't post something like this on a Doom forum. It's literally this. Comes bundled with Doom 2, and fully translated too! Gotta love that amazing font that even I can't read..
Selling mods as new (bootleg) games was a common practice in Russia and CIS countries in mid 2000's, just like packaging homebrew emulators with roms burnt on a cheap CD-R as "classic game compilations."

^BatDoom!

I should probably look into getting a Dreamcast just to play it, unless there is a PC emulated version.

That is Batman Doom, yeah. I'm impressed that they went to the trouble of translating all the text, yet simultaneously perplexed that they seem to have stripped out all the music.

They might not have removed the music deliberately. There is a chance that the doom port they were using for the dreamcast didnt have midi capability

Zed said:

I have the impression it's Batman Doom (the first one here, I don't know why link isn't working).

It's an ancient dead-as-a-doornail 3ddownloads.com link. The files were rolled over to AtomicGamer's download servers years ago, and more recently to their current domicile on Doomworld's server

Nooooooo!!!

I was just about to show off the Alien Vendetta-Ebay auction to some friends of mine, but the ad is gone :(

Okay, who reported him?!?!? :(

WesleyB said:

It's literally this. Comes bundled with Doom 2, and fully translated too! Gotta love that amazing font that even I can't read..

Because of Russian, I guess. That translation is Russian.

CWolfRu said:

Because of Russian, I guess. That translation is Russian.

And I'm Ukrainian who can, indeed, speak and read in Russian :p (Наверное мне это стоило заранее уточнить.)

Besides I've seen a bootleg PC Doom 2 with better fonts than these. And, strangely enough, dubbed voices, because we really needed to have the "AHLAARRRMM!!!" screams translated.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

That's Doom Troopers for the Genesis. I'm gonna assume that they thought it was part of the Doom series because it has the word "doom" in the title.

No they just thought it would sell better.

WesleyB said:

And I'm Ukrainian who can, indeed, speak and read in Russian :p

Besides I've seen a bootleg PC Doom 2 with better fonts than these. And, strangely enough, dubbed voices, because we really needed to have the "AHLAARRRMM!!!" screams translated.

Oh lol :D )

Yeah, sure)

GreyGhost said:

On a related note - here's another Russian bootleg which despite appearances, isn't a Doom game.

Considering that kinda-crappy Duke port for Genesis, I'm curious what a Doom inspired game would run like. Honestly, I don't think the shitty Duke uses the Gen to it's full potential.

More semi-related viewing material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPeDNi8ZkoM

I'd like to see a Wolf3d-like Doom clone for the Genesis, just because why not?