Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JimFlasch

Secret Level access

In playing through Freedoom Phase 1, I noticed that C2M3 has two exits - one normal, one secret. It should, however, have only a normal exit - at least if Freedoom's episode structure is to match Doom 1's, where E2's secret level is accessed off of level 5, which in Freedom Phase 1 does also have a secret exit. By the same token, Doom 1's E3M6 has its episode's secret exit, so Freedoom's C3M6 should as well, but doesn't (and no other level in C3 has a secret exit either - not that that would work anyhow as C3M9's exit takes you to C3M7 - and C2M9's exits [it has two for some reason] lead to C2M6). Perhaps C2M3 and C3M6 should be swapped?

Yeah, that's a definite problem that needs to be addressed. I don't feel we should move maps around just to match up some secret exits. I'd prefer to add/remove secret exits for the maps being where they are.

JimFlasch said:

In playing through Freedoom Phase 1, I noticed that C2M3 has two exits - one normal, one secret. It should, however, have only a normal exit - at least if Freedoom's episode structure is to match Doom 1's, where E2's secret level is accessed off of level 5, which in Freedom Phase 1 does also have a secret exit. By the same token, Doom 1's E3M6 has its episode's secret exit, so Freedoom's C3M6 should as well, but doesn't (and no other level in C3 has a secret exit either - not that that would work anyhow as C3M9's exit takes you to C3M7 - and C2M9's exits [it has two for some reason] lead to C2M6). Perhaps C2M3 and C3M6 should be swapped?

well e2m8 has 2 exits intentional, because its supposed to be a alternative way to get bfg, if you want to get bfg you must face cyber demon, but before you face him you get traped in room and it wont open anymore thats the reason of 2 exits, but you can simple skip the cyber and bfg and exit before.