Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Stardate 20x7 [/idgames]

Stardate 20x7: Velvet Blood Mission is a set of 9 (+2) highly difficult boom-compatible maps. They're purple.

Here are some pictures:

YZ501yQm.jpg mQKuSarm.jpg

aZdWt4pm.pngilLNptxm.jpg.ebf9f14c2f69096e3a34db9b1a40b789.jpg

Miscellany:
- Tested in prb+ 2.5.1.4 -complevel 9, coop was tested in Zandronum 2.1
- HMP IS THE INTENDED DIFFICULTY. DO NOT START ON UV. skill 3 was tuned to be the most balanced and enjoyable. skill 2 is lightly nerfed, comparable to Sunlust HMP. skill 4 is meant only for sadomasochists who want their doom experience to be a rubik's cube made of demons.

Thanks to essel for providing some sexy textures.

Download [/idgames]

Edited by Ribbiks

Fuck yeah, more ribbiks maps!

EDIT: there was a missed opportunity in the description to spell rubik's cube as "ribbiks cube"

Hot damn you're one of the most efficient mappers on the site. Awesome to revisit Stardate, as I'm really interested in seeing what you can do with the theme this time around. Will take your advice on the HMP suggestion too ;)

Fuuuuuck I can't keep up with all these amazing maps

Kickass, congratulations on getting this done!

(Sorry for never getting around to making those other texture variants, time kinda got away from me there.)

Ribbiks said:

DO NOT START ON UV.

Oh yes I will, and there's nothing you can do about it! :p

P.S. there's not enough purple in the screenshots.

HavoX said:

Oh yes I will, and there's nothing you can do about it! :p

P.S. there's not enough purple in the screenshots.

You'll probably be OK on map 1.

Past that... lol

(Sorry for never finishing my playtesting duties; real live has been in the way for the past month.)

Found a bug on MAP01! It's possible to fall into the lil pit the rev is hiding in after sneaking around the line def up where the RL is! D:

More purple! I'll be having this for breakfast!

Thanks very much for this Ribbiks! I'll play this when I wake up in the morning.

@ nev / ab: glhf :D I'll reiterate that HMP is how the set is intended to be played, it won't be fun as a first playthrough on UV imo.

FuzzballFox said:

Found a bug on MAP01! It's possible to fall into the lil pit the rev is hiding in after sneaking around the line def up where the RL is! D:

good catch, thanks!

can't believe how fast your turnover rate for maps this good. giggling at Dime getting wrecked on skill 4 in preparation for giggling at myself getting wrecked on skill 2

You're really scaring me with those ALLCAPS, man. Whether it's skill 3 or skill 4, I suppose my ego is due another horrible thrashing either way....

At least I can lie down and bleed to death on a beautiful royal purple velvet carpet afterwards. Is there any finer way to go?

Well that's another pleasant surprise! Screenshots look amazing, as always. Will take it for a spin today. :)

It's nice you're once again prioritizing HMP as a default difficulty level, as it should be. More mappers should do the same.

tourniquet said:

Your mapping pace is incredible Ribbiks :D

Very much this.
I wasn't expecting this purple set so soon after Sunlust and Italo-Doom, but man is it a fantastic surprise !
With this and Romero's map, my free time for the week-end is already gone.

I've played a couple maps so far, and as expected it's awesome. These purple surreal curvy landscapes are so sexy.
I'm kinda missing the silver starbase theme, which was pretty cool in Stardate 20X6, but nice new themes are more than welcome. :)

Thanks for your dedication, Ribbiks !

Anyone else expecting Ribbiks to reveal he's a genius programmer who designed a self-learning AI gradually getting better at making Doom maps? Seriously man, you're churning out masterpieces at a pace most people would struggle to produce speedmaps.