Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

about the clip

It's not a weapon though, it is only ammo.

If the zombieguys dropped a different item from the ammo, then that could make sense being a pistol, unfortunately it is the same thing.

I know ZDoom has a Pistol Thing, but it's the only source port I'm aware of that goes to that length (largely because you can drop weapons in it, Pistol included).

I've always thought it a bit strange that the pistol clip in Doom can also be used with the chaingun. Are there any real-life examples of pistol clips used the same way?

If not, maybe the pistol/chaingun ammo pickup could be something else, like a small box of ammo maybe? I know it's bland, but I have no better ideas ATM, and my general knowledge of firearms isn't that good.

Shadow Hog said:

I know ZDoom has a Pistol Thing, but it's the only source port I'm aware of that goes to that length (largely because you can drop weapons in it, Pistol included).

Freedoom already has a sprite for this, submitted by robotdog1: https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/blob/master/sprites/pista0.gif?raw=true

Pistol mags don't usually fit machine guns, as a rule, but clips are only used for holding/loading bullets, so using that should be fine.
Here's a quick attempt at one: