Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

GameInformer Hands-On Reveals New Doom Screens

The new hands-on exclusive to GameInformer shows a number of never-before-seen screenshots from the New Doom, including what may be a Baron of Hell. It also appears that the brown-gray filter has been removed, resulting in a more colorful game. For more information and thoughts from the GameInformer staff, check out the article.

I'll say this again. There was never any brown filter! The look of the game looks to be highly influenced by the lighting. Remember Doom 64? It's a lot like that.

I suppose I know what you're talking about, because the links fail for me (for now). The new screenshots look too shiny, almost like toys (action figures), not creepy at all, because of the lights and the reflections from the objects. I don't necessarily mind it, but the Doom 3 component is missing here.

printz said:

I suppose I know what you're talking about, because the links fail for me (for now). The new screenshots look too shiny, almost like toys (action figures), not creepy at all, because of the lights and the reflections from the objects. I don't necessarily mind it, but the Doom 3 component is missing here.

You need to use a proxy. For some reason GameInformer is blocked in former USSR countries.

I love how a bunch of mouthbreathing internet dwellers are taking credit for the vibrant colours in the game as if they somehow "told them to do that". I guarantee this is what the game always looks like when coloured lighting and location filters weren't applied.

Scuba Steve said:

I love how a bunch of mouthbreathing internet dwellers are taking credit for the vibrant colours in the game as if they somehow "told them to do that". I guarantee this is what the game always looks like when coloured lighting and location filters weren't applied.

Exactly what I think. I just giggle when I read comments like those and laugh at their stupidity.

Scuba Steve said:

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scuba Steve said:

*spits out carbonated beverage*

Thinking back to that recolored photo that was floating around not long after the E3 demonstration. That fellow is probably tipping his fedora as we speak.

That caco screenshot could have saved a lot of angst. Having the player always sprint is cool with me, no stamina bar to slow the game down.
Environments are nicely varied although I'd like to see one showing the vertical gameplay discussed in the article.

I hope they are going to show some video footage soon. Screenshots are nice and all but I want to see the game in action.

I like how they say they played the PC version, but then talk about how the left trigger does that and the dpad does this and so on. I still await a video or first hand report of how the game feels with mouse and keyboard... Everyone says it's fast, but it looks even slow than Doom's walk speed. I need to know about FOV adjustment, and whether it has actual PC tweaks in the menu. I pray it isn't as annoying as the new Wolf games, I had to fuck around with the console for 30 minutes to make the game playable (disabling motion blur, Depth of field, headbob, fixing the fov etc).

I hate to hipster up, but Doom.. please don't fuck it up

RottingZombie said:

I like how they say they played the PC version, but then talk about how the left trigger does that and the dpad does this and so on.

A lot of people play games on PC but use a controller for some silly reason

I only use a controller depending on the game which I'm playing, for say fighters such as Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat I prefer to use a controller, for FPS games I only use a mouse and keyboard.

Yea i love my controller for tons of stuff, rocket league, any emulators, platformers, it just rubbed me the wrong way that all these outlets are reporting how fast the game is then we have to watch them slowly turn left and right with a control stick :D.

It shouldn't bother me, when i first played doom in 95/96 i used a keyboard and no mouse *shudder*