Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

Favourite Game Consoles

What is your favourite game console and why?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite game console and why?

• Nintendo
    • Super Nintendo
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo Game Cube
    • Sony Playstation 2
    • Microsoft XBox
    • Sega
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Other

I couldn't think of anything useful to post, but I don't think that we've had one of these polls before, but then again I could be wrong... They are the ones that came into my head first so they got to go up there, I didn't think that it was even worth mentioning any of the Game Boys or the other two playstations, My favourite is the XBox by far all because of one game called Halo, it is the best First Person Shooter I have ever played and I give it 10/10! If any of you haven't played Halo yet then I suggest you go out and hire yourself an XBox and Halo!

Super Nintendo, followed closely by the NES. The games they had on the SNES were some of the best in their day, and some are even better than most of today's games. I still think Final Fantasy 2 and 3 (4 and 6) are the best of the series. Too bad we never got to play 5.

n64 pwns me, snes is good too, don't like any of the newer consoles

hmm...

*goes to play turok 2*

I've thought for some time that the SNES is the best console of all time. You know, Zelda, Mario (World, All-Stars, Kart and more), Super Metroid, and lots of other great games which I've never cared for personally but know are good (such as FF).

But now that even the Nintendo 64 has had its days of "glory", looking back at it, I think it's even better. Not only for the tech. But it feels like there's almost as many great games for it as there is for the SNES. Sure, the 64 got fewer third party games, but 80% of 3rd party games are crap anyway. I believe that games like Mario 64, Zelda OoT & MM, Goldeneye & Perfect Dark, other Nintendo games and other Rare games have made the N64 a just as good "classic" console as the SNES. I'm already feeling nostalgic about many N64 games in the same way that I feel nostalgic about several SNES games.

Don't forget about the GameBoy (advance). It has perfect games like Tetris... and it even has Doom ;)

Nintendo's GameCube hasn't shown off yet, and unfortunately some of the coming games don't look all that hot (Metroid Prime for example). But I'm sure it will.

Beyond Nintendo's consoles, I really like Sega. Never owned a Sega console myself, but they make awesome games.

Sony can suck it. The PlayStation has had 10 or so good games but it also has 500 games that are pure CRAP.

Microsoft... pfft.

Hmm...I like the Super NES as well. Had soooo many games you just couldn't think, then in '96, bang, there went my collection of Super NES boxes. Oh well. Like Fredrik said, a lot of the Nintendo-specific games (Mario World, Metroid, etc. etc.) bring back a lot of memories.
Second fave game system would be the PlayStation, if only for Doom and Castlevania.

Funny... That's the same reason why I liked the Super Nintendo: Doom and Castlevania.

PSX and SNES probably, they have the FF series on them, and boy do I love FF, it's basicly the only reason for me owning any console.

SNES is the best by far. It had countless great games (Super Metroid, the Street Fighter series, the Mario games, Donkey Kong Country 1-3...i could go on forever.)

Another system like that is the Nintendo. Only problem is that the games wore out too quickly, resulting in mass smashage }:]

I never caught on to N64 that much :\

orion said:

PSX and SNES probably, they have the FF series on them, and boy do I love FF, it's basicly the only reason for me owning any console.

News flash

As far as consoles go, SNES had FF6 and PS2 had GTA3...those were the only two console games I really ever liked, so I'm torn between the two.

Game Boy, however, has a ton of games on it that I like: Tetris, Dr. Mario, Pokemon (yes I like the original 2 pokemon games, so what?), and all the games they adapted from the other systems seem to be better than the original (Kirby, Zelda). Not to mention its the cheapest system ever and can be played anywhere. Eventualy, I'll update mine to a Gameboy Color or Gameboy Pocket or something better than I have now. :)

WTF?! I always thought that the Genesis was like the most popular (and over-rated) 16-bit system of all time. I'm stoked to hear you guys root for the SNES.

nintendo. DUCK HUNT!! plus my uncle used so have this thing called 110 games or something. it was a single catrige with 110 games on it :) i also liked mario, mario3, link, and topgun.

Link? You mean Zelda?
I remember back when Topgun was new, me and my little brother used to fight over who got to play the next round.....oh the memories.

Duck Hunt was also an excellent game. I first played when I got my NES back in '88 or so. It came on a cart that had both Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt. It's no wonder I like shooting games so much now.

My favorite console is the dreamcast. The fact that it can already enable me to play all my games that I legally(cough) owned through emulators just makes me super happy! Plus there is tons of homebrew software for it making it the ultimate gaming system of this generation of consoles! (Well, the XBOX can do all this too but it's a microsoft product so screw it lololol)

I got an XBox yesterday. I've only played Project Gotham Racing and Halo this far, so I can't really make any kind of judgment about the current crop of games. It does, of course, have all kinds of cool features like ripping songs from CD to your harddrive, then using that as a soundtrack in games.

It looks like it's got great potential, I just gotta find some more good games to play on it. Too bad Doom III for the XBOx is so far off...

Lord FlatHead said:

Too bad Doom III for the XBOx is so far off...

I didn't know that Doom III was comming out on any console! I think that I should have put multiple choice on this poll, because it seems that quite a few of you guys seem to like both the NES and the SNES...

Nintendo 64. 4-player stuff, we've got like 15 games for it, so yeah. NES and SNES are #2 and #3.

AndrewB said:

Nintendo 64. 4-player stuff, we've got like 15 games for it, so yeah. NES and SNES are #2 and #3.

If you're interested in multiplayer for the Nintendo 64, then Conker's Bad Fur day is a must have game! It is probably the gratest nintendo game for multiplayer in history! The sound affects are brilliant, the graffics are excellent (cosidering it doesn't need the expansion pack to run), and parts of the game are just so funny you'll nearly die laughing (which is rare in a game in my opinion)...

heh, this should be a multi-choice poll. my first gaming console was intellivision(sp). but when nes came out, there was no comparison. personally I like all the nintendo systems, except the vr one. segas only saving grace IMO were some of the titles they had and the sound. my other favorite besides the nintendo systems is the psx.

I'm actualy trying to think of any good games for either PS2 or SNES I may have forgotten.

None come to mind.

DooMBoy said:

WTF?! I always thought that the Genesis was like the most popular (and over-rated) 16-bit system of all time. I'm stoked to hear you guys root for the SNES.

Strange. I remember everyone used to like SNES much more than Genesis (or MegaDrive as it is here).

The MegaDrive is my favourite console out of the 'old' ones. My fav 'new' console would have to be PSX/PS2.

Well, I own (or used too)

NES
SNES
N64
GB
GBP
GBC
GBA
GCN
PSX
PS2
DC

They all fucking rule IMO. My absolute favourite game of all time (well all 3 and soon to be 5 of them) would have to be Metroid. It fucking rules...love them all. I rented Castlevania:SOTN today - damm I love it as well. Has RPG elements combined with 2D platforming to give such a great game. I also love the Street Fighter series, MK series, Mario series, Sonic series. They all ruled.

/me ends his rant at this time