Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
volumetricsteve

node builders and questions

I mostly map for plain old doom.exe so ZenNode is the sanest option by far, very good at optimizing albeit at the price of the occasional slime trail

For vanilla maps I use the optimized ZenNode. For the Boom stuff I use DeePBSP, before I used ZenNode too but when the maps started to became quite big it was really slow to build the nodes and it had many slime trails.

After leaving DoomCad5.1 behind and going with Doom Builder back when CodeImp first released his editor, I've been using Zennode.

Ummm how big does a map have to be to slow down Zennode? I have yet to notice it getting slow.

For vanilla up to Boom maps, I switch between BSP-W32 and ZenNode whenever the one I'm currently using malfunctions. For ZDoom maps, I prefer ZDBSP. For ZDoom maps in UDMF format, there is currently no other choice than ZDBSP, actually.

Doom Dude said:

Ummm how big does a map have to be to slow down Zennode? I have yet to notice it getting slow.

The map can fit in a square of 20000x20000 units at least, and it has more than 13000 linedefs.