Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Songs that really touch your heart

Ever heard a Song that really touched your heart Like a sadistic song ? A Song from a game for instance that didn't get to much attention by Players ... etc , but has reminded you of Someone or Really touched something in you ?

For me this is it, Really makes me burst into tears .

I thought the question was a bit more general, the only 'sadistic' songs I can think of from games that resonated with me in a spooky way are e1m8 and e2m2.

As far as general music that just resonated with me in a particularly good way, I might pick the Anthology version of Because by the Beatles - Their voices fucking melt me (in a good way) in that particular version of the song. I was also floored by Frank Zappa's Does Humor Belong In Music?, it's rare to hear something passionate, great on the ears, hilarious, and full of great social / political commentary, and that hits the spot perfectly on each one of those fronts. Great stuff.

Certain melodies have the ability to astonish, or even almost hypnotize me.

"The Spirit Carries On" by Dream Theater. That's one song that's held a special place in my heart since my grandmother passed away.

And basically Ori and the Blind Forest's entire soundtrack.

An Ending (Ascent) - Brian Eno (Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks)
Untitled ("Samskeyti") - Sigur Rós("( )" - album name)

SFoZ911 said:

An Ending (Ascent) - Brian Eno (Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks)

Every fucking time- the rest of the album is great listening too- but I agree that An Ending stands out the most. Many people know it from adverts, here in the UK at least it was used in the RSPCC stuff...right in the feels!

This is my favorite song recently. The second chorus gives me aural orgasms of the highest order. And I <3 the particular melisma with which she sings "evening" so much.

"Ya Ali" a Hindi song from a movie called "Gangster"( I think)

Why? I don't know. Something about reminds me of a memory from childhood, possibly my first memory of arriving to USA (I was born there, but how could I remember that?).

On a more serious note, I always get a little emotional when this comes on

I read somewhere that the song became a concert staple either after or shortly before Joey Ramones' death.