Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Eediot

How Do You Make Enemies Appear Only In Singleplayer?

In Doom Builder 2, you can make items, monsters, and objects appear only in Multiplayer mode. If there's a way to do this in Multiplayer, then there mist be a way for Singleplayer. Does anyone know if there's a way to make enemies appear only in Singleplayer and not in Multiplayer?

Da Eediot said:

In Doom Builder 2, you can make items, monsters, and objects appear only in Multiplayer mode. If there's a way to do this in Multiplayer, then there mist be a way for Singleplayer. Does anyone know if there's a way to make enemies appear only in Singleplayer and not in Multiplayer?

There is. In TNT MAP01, there is a Cyberdemon on Multiplayer, I believe. You should use GZDoom Builder instead, because it has an active development.

You'd have to be mapping with at least Boom compatibility to have this. Boom lets you flag something as 'Not DM' and 'Not Co-Op' while it will still appear in SP.

Yes, there is (as Rayzik said). Make your map in at least Boom format or higher, and you will get additional thing flags that can do just what you want.

Will I be able to use the WAD I'm already working on, or do I have to create a new WAD?

Never mind. I figured out I can use my WAD. Thanks.

You 100% can use the WAD you already have, and don't need to recreate it from scratch. If your map is in vanilla format ("Doom" or "Doom 2" editor configuration), go to Map Options and change the configuration to "Boom". If your map is in another format, you shouldn't need to change it at all, as the flags should be already available.

If you flag an enemy as "Multiplayer", he will not appear in singleplayer. If you don't flag him as "Multiplayer", he will appear in singleplayer. His appearance in cooperative multiplayer and in multiplayer deathmatch is not influenced by this flag at all, but depends on the other flags, "Not Cooperative" and "Not Deathmatch" respectively.

If you flag an enemy as "Not Cooperative", he will not appear in cooperative multiplayer. If you don't flag him as "Not Cooperative", he will appear in cooperative multiplayer. His appearance in singleplayer and in multiplayer deathmatch is not influenced by this flag at all, but depends on the other flags, "Multiplayer" and "Not Deathmatch" respectively.

If you flag an enemy as "Not Deathmatch", he will not appear in multiplayer deathmatch. If you don't flag him as "Not Deathmatch", he will appear in multiplayer deathmatch. His appearance in singleplayer and in cooperative multiplayer is not influenced by this flag at all, but depends on the other flags, "Multiplayer" and "Not Cooperative" respectively.

And despite the fact that I called it "enemy", it applies to any thing (item, decoration, teleport destination) except player starts.