Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hekksy

First!

You're banned from MP Vulture.

Just kidding, soon as I'm home from work I'll be sprucing up the stickied threads and whatnot. Hooray, thanks Ling!

Its very much WIP, absolutely hoping for the cooperation of the various league managers, MP event managers, and clan leaders in turning this into a true centralized hub for all MP Doomers of any ilk. Let's bridge all those gaps!

So that's why Doomkid became a moderater.

Alright.

For some reason, whenever I connect to a Brutal Doom server, it SOMETIMES says I need the exact file to connect. Why, IDK. I checked the autoload, and made it empty. I also rechecked the filename, which is correct. What happened?

Voros said:

So that's why Doomkid became a moderater.

Alright.

For some reason, whenever I connect to a Brutal Doom server, it SOMETIMES says I need the exact file to connect. Why, IDK. I checked the autoload, and made it empty. I also rechecked the filename, which is correct. What happened?

What launcher are you using, Doomseeker or IDE / DE? Either way, make sure you don;t have two copies of Brutal on your PC. For a while I had one in my Zandro folder and another in my WADs folder, both different versions, and this would happen.

Make sure you have the most up to date BD, and it's in the folder your launcher looks for pwads in. That's the only thing I could think of that would cause this!

Doomkid I bet you've never even played strife deathmatch with fastweapons or black metal difficulty, are you ready to moderate the most competitive multiplayer game made 22 years ago?

Doomkid said:

What launcher are you using, Doomseeker or IDE / DE? Either way, make sure you don;t have two copies of Brutal on your PC. For a while I had one in my Zandro folder and another in my WADs folder, both different versions, and this would happen.

Make sure you have the most up to date BD, and it's in the folder your launcher looks for pwads in. That's the only thing I could think of that would cause this!

Doomseeker.
Zandronum.

File-brutalv20.pk3
(Before the release of v20b).

It only happens sometimes.

Combinebobnt said:

Doomkid I bet you've never even played strife deathmatch with fastweapons or black metal difficulty, are you ready to moderate the most competitive multiplayer game made 22 years ago?

There is no Brutal Strife server (sigh). And the strife server is empty most of the time (double sigh).

Voros, it sounds like some of the Zandronum servers are using v20, and some others are using v20b. That's the only reason I could think that only some servers would be giving you an authentication error.

Combinebobnt said:

this is going to revive to cum petition doom scene i just know it

No but really, anyone who has stuff to contribute, please do - I'm basically only a deathmatch and CTF player in regards to MP. Anyone who wants to add threads about specialty stuff like Strife, Zdoom wars, and whatever else should please do so!

The server used specifically that one file.

It was even written what files were needed for joining:
brutalv20.pk3

I managed to join a few times and a few times I couldn't.

Everything was upto date.
Just wish I knew why that happens anyway.

Hooray! Congratulations doomkid for being so persistent :)

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it. Hopefully we'll see some of you dudes in servers! Trust me, online Doom adds a whole new element to the game, no matter what game mode or port you use.

I'm actually considering starting my own bi weekly multiplayer events like FNF and ZDS, but I think that market is already tapped. I was thinking about rotating it from Coop to DM to Survival, and even rotating ports so everyone can get in on it. Any thoughts on that? Seem too redundant?

Oh yes I forgot.

CONGRATULATIONS!
The beginning is always tough, but the result will be satisfying
-Voros

Rather than starting a server when there's tens of them, sponsor some here!
(No not this thread).

By the way, I love Doomkid's new avatar. It's just so enthusiastic-looking and I can't help but read them like the guy in the gif is announcing it.

Jaxxoon R said:

By the way, I love Doomkid's new avatar. It's just so enthusiastic-looking and I can't help but read them like the guy in the gif is announcing it.

I think it's Frank Zappa.

Dude.. don't add shitposting here... seriously stop... Nobody cares if you're comming to be cool...
so... get really your posts to other part... if you're comming to add bullshit and things, go add it in other part but not in here.

... Back on subject... I forgot what I was gonna say.

Spoiler

;p

Nah, but seriously, I'd support and likely take part in some scheduled multiplayer events sponsored through here. Idk how you'd do it and I can't really offer too much input on it, but I'd like to see it happen!

Spoiler

*Edit*
I'd also like to say that I've been wanting to add a multiplayer section to the "This Week in Doom" articles I write for Doom Wad Station for some time now, but I just haven't been able to keep up with the different sites' events well enough for me writing about it to have any real purpose, so that's another reason why I fully support this attempt to consolidate everything and if it can bring a hermit like me in I'm sure it can bring in many more :)

If there's any specific bits and pieces you're looking to write about or need details on or anything else, I'm always happy to help.