Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Articles from GamesRadar and PCGames.de (New screenshots included)

Motherfucker! Was just about to post this thread haha!

"And those glory kills don’t just hand out life-sustaining trinkets. They also deal out points that can be spent on character customisation. Delivering tweaks to abilities and game behaviour akin to small mods, these player-chosen changes can add things like bigger ammo drops, faster glory kills, or even speed boosts in reward for executions. It’s hardly likely to turn Doom into Mass Effect – this is a good thing, of course – but the friendly, extra layer of malleability, in sympathy to personal play-styles, is a very welcome and unexpected bit of creativity."

Interesting. Where Wolfenstein TNO had you achieve certain feats in order to unlock the appropriate upgrade Doom gives you points for killing the special enemies mentioned previously in a game informer article (pretty sure the special enemies have a name, just forgot what it is).

Here is another one, this one from PCGames.de that offers new snippets of information as we as a four new screenshots.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgames.de%2FDoom-2016-Spiel-56369%2FSpecials%2FGespielt-Video-Hands-on-id-Software-1183922%2F

Can anyone post the screenshots here? I can't seem to be able to save them. The videos also have a few more.

AwesomeO-789 said:

Interesting. Where Wolfenstein TNO had you achieve certain feats in order to unlock the appropriate upgrade Doom gives you points for killing the special enemies mentioned previously in a game informer article (pretty sure the special enemies have a name, just forgot what it is).

They called them "Elites".

The Perk system in Wolf was nice, but some of the tasks for some of the things were really arduous to do. Some of those didn't matter because the perk for them wasn't great, but some of the good stuff meant going out of your way to play in a weird style to get some good buff for later.

Interesting thing from the pcgames.de article

"In Doom (2016) kommt die id Tech 6 zum Einsatz und es ist eben diese Engine, die mir als einziges noch Kopfzerbrechen bereitet. Denn beim Hands-on-Termin lief Doom am PC zwar wunderbar flüssig (auch auf Konsole werden 60 Fps angepeilt), aber es kam bei schnellen Richtungswechseln zu dem aus Rage bekannten Texturen-Pop-in. Laut Entwickler wird daran bis zum Release noch gearbeitet, leicht enttäuschend war es aber schon."

Translation (please note english is note my mother language, german is):
"Doom (2016) uses the id Tech 6 Engine, and it is exactly this engine that troubleb me a little bit. During the hands-on Doom was running on a PC and was very fluid (even on consoles 60 FPS are Id's target), but during fast turns we got the well-known Texture-popin from Rage. The developers allthough said that they are working on this until the release, but it still was a bit dissapointing"

tuo said:

"In Doom (2016) kommt die id Tech 6 zum Einsatz und es ist eben diese Engine, die mir als einziges noch Kopfzerbrechen bereitet. Denn beim Hands-on-Termin lief Doom am PC zwar wunderbar flüssig (auch auf Konsole werden 60 Fps angepeilt), aber es kam bei schnellen Richtungswechseln zu dem aus Rage bekannten Texturen-Pop-in. Laut Entwickler wird daran bis zum Release noch gearbeitet, leicht enttäuschend war es aber schon."

Translation (please note english is note my mother language, german is):
"Doom (2016) uses the id Tech 6 Engine, and it is exactly this engine that troubleb me a little bit. During the hands-on Doom was running on a PC and was very fluid (even on consoles 60 FPS are Id's target), but during fast turns we got the well-known Texture-popin from Rage. The developers allthough said that they are working on this until the release, but it still was a bit dissapointing"

Strange, there was none of that in the Alpha.

The alpha is a small multiplayer map though. There's probably enough texture memory to load pretty much everything it needs so it wouldn't need to stream any textures.

That first bit of concept art looks fucking unreal man! Hope this is in the game; we've not seen something like that in a Doom game before (Doom 3 doesn't really count since most of the time it was dusty as all hell and thus we were unable to see jack shit). Looks very sci-fi-ish and looks like it might be a nice break from all the indoor and hell levels if we actually go outside on Mars.

wow, the Baron is big.

I really do like the direction of Doom. As a frequent Brutal Doom player, I personally enjoy the challenge of glory killing monsters like Mancubus, Barons and Archviles.

That outdoor area looks amazing and the walls from the Lazarus complex remind me of the STAR textures.

Doom is getting positive reviews again and again.
Just wish I could tell what kind of attacks the Baron will have.

The GR article say SnapMap can create cutscenes too. I'm wondering how easy/hard that'll will be.

(Maybe like the Cyberdemon scene from E3 footage).

Dont know why, but for a split second, I thought the
Baron was the Cyberdemon (heh).

Spoiler

Not a single Lost Soul screenshot

tuo said:

This seems to explain how they are able to target 60fps on consoles. One of id tech 5's chief features was its ability to dynamically adjust resolution/detail on the fly to maintain a constant 60hz update.

I think the similarities between the Imps, Hell Knights and Barons are intended. Imps may be the first stage of evolution, Hell Knights the second and Barons of Hell represent the final step. If an imp survives long enough, it eventually evolves into a Baron.

I'd like to point out that in the PCGames article, both a 2D, and 3D Automap are mentioned.
And even despite having those, it's easy to lose track.

The Google Translate is a little rough, but that's what I got out of it.
Sounds fucking awesome.

Thank you for this! Everything that gets released regarding this game is getting me more and more hype. I can't wait! :D

I just ordered the PCGames in Germany (my first PCGames Magazine since...wow...I think like 15 years...damn I'm old...).

As soon as it arrives, I'll try to provide as much (till now) unknown info as possible.

I am not sure if this artistic version of the Cyberdemon is new or not, but I leave it here (the one on the cover...somehow looks better than what we saw in-engine until now, at least IMHO)

http://www.pcgames.de/PC-Games-Brands-19921/News/PC-Games-02-16-mit-Titelstory-Doom-XXL-Poster-Doom-1-und-2-als-Vollversion-1184053/

tuo said:

I just ordered the PCGames in Germany (my first PCGames Magazine since...wow...I think like 15 years...damn I'm old...).

As soon as it arrives, I'll try to provide as much (till now) unknown info as possible.

I am not sure if this artistic version of the Cyberdemon is new or not, but I leave it here (the one on the cover...somehow looks better than what we saw in-engine until now, at least IMHO)

http://www.pcgames.de/PC-Games-Brands-19921/News/PC-Games-02-16-mit-Titelstory-Doom-XXL-Poster-Doom-1-und-2-als-Vollversion-1184053/

Does that magazine seriously come with those two posters?
That's fucking sweet man, why couldn't Gameinformer or PCGamer get anything like that?
I wonder if there's any way I can get this magazine shipped here in America.