Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuzzball

Jobs!

Walmart sales associate. We make sure that the shit you want to buy is where you can buy it! Or something. Its not glamorous, but my coworkers are cool and the pay's not the worst in the world.

Basicly tires & i'm so tired of tires -.- mostly working on a calender, large heated rollers not a good idea to get too close to them or one may end as an amputee

Scaffold builder going on 8 years. It's just like legos, except the parts are heavy [or at least they used to be before I traded the old iron stuff for aluminium). Lots and lots of fresh air, building in challenging/weird places, some forklift/tractor/lift racing as well. Great job for someone who can't sit still.

Currently in IT. It's not too bad, but I'd rather be doing development/something more mathematical.

I cook DMT and sell it to Goatlord. I then invest my earnings into an impressive marble collection.

I make Axles/Axle parts for General Motors. Working in a factory is very interesting and has helped me a lot as a person but I need the get the hell out of there. I do mainly CNC Machining for wheel hubs(I find that to be fun) and teardowns(I disassemble rejected axles.)

Quality Assurance for Re-Logic (devs of Terraria)

Its "ruined" Doom projects for me. You guys aren't exactly that well organised, even for a free hobby :p

Unemployed, but I used to work as a Lab tech for a company that did employee and school drug tests using hair samples instead of urine. It was ok, but apparently Brazil didn't want to drug test all their truckers so I was let go. Now I try to keep myself entertained while looking for jobs. More the former than the latter.

Currently a "Compliance Tester" for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Basically, it's like the go/no-go checklist before a title can launch (or update).

The pay is alright, when I can get work. January is pretty damned terrible considering all the releases came out a couple months before, so not a lot of stuff comes through.

Call centre monkey. On the (very slight) plus side, we don't do outbound cold-calling.

Ironhound said:

Factory work. It might be killing my soul, but I need to finish college.

Could be worse. I actually miss factory work now.

kristus said:

I'm a teacher for kids in pre- to lower grade school.

You're a good man teaching those kids the values of good character :)

I'm a driver for the raf. It's not bad, though I've my share of quiet days. It's mostly running people to the airport though I occasionally get to work refuelling aircraft or running freight to other camps in a truck, like I am now. Though being put up in a hotel each night is good, driving all day for 4 days can be really boring. :p I could do without being dicked last minute on friday afternoons to work the weekend when I've made plans that I then have to cancel....

I'm preparing for a transfer to the marines later this year which I'm looking forward to. I love being in the military, just not the airforce. Heh.

kristus said:

I'm a teacher for kids in pre- to lower grade school.

I wanted to be a teacher for a long time, except I wanted to teach high school. Younger kids get on my nerves too easily. Maybe someday I can get back to work and find some sort of teaching job (probably martial arts or something now).

I'm on the maintenance crew at an old glass factory. Almost everything in the place is older than dirt, so there's plenty of job security. Lots of fabrication and improvisation keeps the job interesting.

I work at a convenience store / gas station called Wawa. It's like a higher-end version of 7-Eleven. I'm pretty multifaceted there, but I primarily go in extra early in the morning and make the breakfast sandwiches. The particular branch I work at is the top ranking sales in the region, and on a good day we sell as many as 700(!) breakfast sandwiches each morning. It's a lot of work, it's pretty exhausting, I'm on my feet all day, I hate the people I work with, the customers are annoying, and doesn't pay very well, but it's a privately owned company and has a pretty sweet employee stock ownership package, which I don't get to see any of until I quit. But if I work there for 7 years (in a few months I will have been there for 6) then I get to reap the full 100% liquidation of my shares, which amounts to something like $18,000 which is pretty sweet.

Wawa also has a tuition reimbursement program which is paying for me to major in accounting in a local community college.

On the side I recently volunteered as a tax preparer for a government funded volunteer income tax assistance organization for low income families. I never thought I'd give anyone my own time for free but the president of the organization is really well connected and the place desperately needs volunteers, so he was thrilled to have me aboard. It should look pretty nice on my resume which until now was saturated with food service jobs which aren't contributing to my career. I'm hoping volunteering with this program will help me network with some important people and hopefully find some interesting job opportunities.

My ultimate goal in life is to find a desk job that pays me adequate compensation but in a field of work in which I can work really hard to buy myself enough down time to read or make Doom maps while I'm at work.

I'm currently a small IT cog in a very large international corporate machine.
I do primarily break / fix on end user hardware along with local networking and local server admin.
Quite happy where I am right now.
I also signed NDA and confidentiality agreements so that's as much detail as I will say about it on a public forum.

By day I design electronics for an auto part supplier.

By night I walk the streets and sell my body for outrageous prices.

Krispy said:

By night I walk the streets and sell my body for outrageous prices.

"This foot could by YOURS for just 3 simple payments of $49.95!"