Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danfun64

master levels coop support

I don't mind the whole only a couple levels per wad thing, but I want to know which of the master levels are suitable for coop. I heard that some of them aren't.

Damn, this is making me realize I haven't really given the Master Levels a fair shot in many years. I'm gonna get my hands on a copy and try them online. For the time being... Paging Soundblock!

At a glance through DoomBuilder, all the maps appear to be co-op compatible on the most basic level (in that they all feature spawns for all four players).

Geryon.wad, Minos.wad & Nessus.wad have all the co-op playerstarts completely separated, which can and probably will fuck with the original sequence and flow of things a bit. Vesperas.wad lobs P3 and P4 into the action immediately for some reason too. Virgil.wad separates 1&2 from 3&4, giving the latter some bizarrely easy/early access to a key before a single shot is fired.

I played with the odamex server cfg files once and came up with a vanilla server configuration that includes the entire vanilla maplist (order: doom, doom2, master levels, no rest for the living, tnt and plutonia). In case you are interested: http://pastebin.com/raw/phkEvPUQ and use it as follows (don't forget to set the waddirs variable, I don't remember the reason but whatever)

odasrv -config <cfg name>

I compiled the last client revision (at the time of writing) here, it eliminates weapon bobbing oddities: https://mega.nz/#F!YkYX1LBZ

No idea how ML would play in co-op, I'm pretty sure all of them remained untested for this mode prior to release. Mine were at least.

Sorry for the bump, but catwalk has poor coop support. (the collapsing bridge, which I don't know how to get around, and there seems to be no other way to get across that area).

edit: subspace is also problematic