Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dollhobbs

install uninstall issue

I installed D3 and D3roe and they ran but was stuck in 640x480 rez so checked and tried all the suggestions to get it to at least 1600x1200 rez but no go so decided to uninstall and reinstall to try fresh. Now when I hit install it starts up and just keeps asking if I want to uninstall, which I did through windows uninstaller, I also went through the registry and removed all references to doom 3. I am installing in compatability mode and as administrator.

thanks DMGUYDZ64 as stated I did try that but thanks for checking my issue now is I can't reinstall due to it always saying it wants to uninstall. I just went back to control panel to check and it was still showing both as still installed so I clicked uninstall and got whats in the supplied pic as a response, so now it won't let me install or uninstall D3. I AM SO CONFUSED LOL.

Guess you can't post pic but when trying to uninstall D3 get message that there is already a copy of that game installed.

To uninstall Your Doom 3 copy simply remove it ? by A Right-click on it's folder and press delete , After that you can easily reinstall it .

dollhobbs said:

I installed D3 and D3roe and they ran but was stuck in 640x480 rez so checked and tried all the suggestions to get it to at least 1600x1200 rez but no go so decided to uninstall and reinstall to try fresh. Now when I hit install it starts up and just keeps asking if I want to uninstall, which I did through windows uninstaller, I also went through the registry and removed all references to doom 3. I am installing in compatability mode and as administrator.

First up don't mess with the registry, it is always more trouble than it is worth. The unwanted reinstaller is probably activated in a crucial file.

1) Have you removed all the physical files of the game and expansion

2) Using a third party uninstaller (like ccleaner including registry account)

3) Explored and deleted unwanted files in your /user folder