Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The 1st Gamer

Input Lag Help?

So this doesn't pertain to Doom exclusively, but whenever I play a game on my laptop there seems to be an amount of input lag existing with the mouse and keyboard. Sometimes this isn't the biggest deal and even seems non-existent (Half Life 2 Lost Coast, Killing Floor, and CS: GO have relatively low amounts of input lag but it is still noticeable. Other games such as Alien Vs. Predator Classic 2000, Doom 3, First Assault, and Quake Live have a much more annoying level of input lag. My computer should be able to handle these games and I have tested such things as a usb mouse (currently use wired), unplugging the mouse and plugging in only after the computer is turned on, turning raw input on, changing dpi, turning off v-synch, all to no avail. Does anyone else have experience with this problem and perhaps know a fix? I've heard this could be an issue with Windows 8.1 but I am not sure. Thanks!

Specs:
MSI GP60 Leopard Pro Laptop
Quad Core Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
NVidia GTX 950M

Also you may remember me from my post questioning whether the new Doom marine could be a girl, a post which quickly turned into an angry argument amongst members. I'm proud of that post.

The 1st Gamer said:

Also you may remember me from my post questioning whether the new Doom marine could be a girl, a post which quickly turned into an angry argument amongst members. I'm proud of that post.

seriously? how could a flame-war develop from that?

The 1st Gamer said:

Why on Earth would you bring that up?You can be proud of it all you want but it's not remotely relevant here.

My obvious first questions is to ask if you have tried other input devices to see if it's your computer lagging. Did you try a different Mouse? Is it your laptops built-in keyboard that is lagging or an external one?

I've got Windows 8.1 on a desktop PC and I have no problems with input lag for games like Doom 3.
Make sure your device drivers or updated to the latest version.
If the problems happened after updating some driver, revert to the previous version if possible and see if that fixes it.
Close background programs and processes that might use CPU cycles or memory when running your games.

Maybe the computer is mad at you for being dumb, watching other people conflict, and then for some reason being proud of having done absolutely nothing of worth whatsoever, and so isn't giving its all. Try reconciling with your estranged computational majigger.

Okay here's what you do:
- Grab metal fork
- Stick into power outlet; DO NOT LET GO OF FORK

You'll be supercharged and press keys and move the mouse in advance of the ingame situation occurring.

The 1st Gamer said:

turning off v-sync

It could still be a v-sync issue, even if you've disabled it in your games. Open your nvidia control panel, then go to 'Manage 3D settings', then 'Global settings'. Scroll down to the v-sync option and turn it off.