Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crunchynut44

[Doom 2] Scythe Styled Speedmap

Hi everyone.

Here is a little speedmap (roughly 2.5 hours build time) that should provide 5 minutes of fun. It's a techbase that is somewhat Scythe styled and probably pretty easy for most of you. Should be Boom compatible (I haven't tested it) but maybe play it with Zdoom anyway for safety. It plays on UV and single player only, no point in difficulties or multiplayer. It takes up Map01 using the Doom2.iwad, so have fun!

Oh and the MIDI is by me also, that was also done rather quickly (roughly 30 minutes or so).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gahnjbx8vvidhda/Crunchynut%20Speedmap.wad?dl=0

:D

Spoiler

Other people than Crunchynut44 shouldn't read this unless they had already played the map.

Spoiler

FDA, recorded in PrBoom-plus -complevel 9. Many attempts, didn't finish. Great layout, architecture and visuals, and thumbs up for the sheer amount of challenge for such an innocent looking map, although... At first I thought the challenge was exciting, but then I realized there were way too many hitscanners in combination with way too few health, so that success/failure depended on my luck more than it seemed at first. Camping behind the first switch column turned out to be the only viable option to survive, and I stopped having fun after a while. I'd prefer if gameplay was more about dodging and less about hoping that the hitscanners will wait before they fire at me and/or miss me. Also, the yellow key encounter was easy to run away from, which I thought was inefficient design. Still, keep up the good work!

For Scifista42

Spoiler

Thanks for the great feedback, after watching your attempts I couldn't agree more that my health placement was very scarce. If more people struggle ill patch it with more health.

Whilst it is possible to skip that trap, you also miss out on valuable health and ammo, put there as a drawback if you were to skip it.

Thankyou for the kind comments, you got so close to beating the map too as there isnt much left after you kill the Mancubus.

And the circling revenent rocket made me laugh, it formed so well around the pillar. Good job with using the enemies to block it!

Nice map! It was really difficult with all those hitscanners and the scarce health. I didn't have many problems when I picked the yellow key. From there you are fairly supplied if you manage to survive until that point, but I think that some more health is needed near the start.

gaspe said:

Nice map! It was really difficult with all those hitscanners and the scarce health. I didn't have many problems when I picked the yellow key. From there you are fairly supplied if you manage to survive until that point, but I think that some more health is needed near the start.

It's a bit chaotic, and as two people have said th same thing I have patched the map with more health. Did you manage to beat the map?

Thankyou!