Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Superluigieth1

[Ultimate DOOM] Aparition

Was this meant to be a remake of the original E4M1? Because the layout was very similar, but it felt bigger. It was a pretty good map overall. The gameplay was relatively easy, moreso than I expected from an E4 map. No Barons like the original E4M1, even on UV and I didn't run out of ammo like I usually do on E4M1.

Texture alignment was good, and I noticed no HOMs or similar bugs. There was relatively little detailing, but that can help recreate that old-school feel that modern maps can be missing. The biggest issue I have with the map visually is that there was practically no lighting variation. That would have gone a long way towards improving the aesthetics of the map, even without adding much detail.

I hope you keep making maps, this is a good first (fnished) map.

Great first map! The level was pretty good especially for a first, even though it was pretty basic and empty. The only nitpick I have is the lighting and that one imp that was stuck in the wall by the ammo crate. But overall good job.

Vanilla compatible, limit-removing compatible, Boom compatible, ZDoom compatible, GZDoom compatible, or something-else compatible?

scifista42 said:

Vanilla compatible, limit-removing compatible, Boom compatible, ZDoom compatible, GZDoom compatible, or something-else compatible?

The map looks like it could run on vanilla. But idk.