Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roadworx

do you guys think that Doom is gonna have dlc and crap like that?

I have no doubt that there will be DLC but I don't think it will be up to par with a full blown expansion.
And if there are modes like co-op I think those should be standard in Doom 2016 and not added later with an extra price tag.

DLC should be content not found the basic game, not material cut from it which is then afterwards sold to people.

Plasma Gun said:

I really hope the rumor of a remake of The Ultimate DOOM DLC is true. I would buy this, no hesitation.

Yes it would be awesome but I doubt we will see a 36 level campaign remake of Ultimate Doom.

I still don't know how this rumor started.

Thinking about it, remaking some classic episodes for Doom 4 and selling as DLC may not be the worst idea. Not only is there appeal for the classic Doom lovers but anyone who enjoys Doom 4's gameplay and either just wants more content or wishes to experience a modern version of the classics wouldn't pass it up. Everyone would win.

However it can't just be the developer's smacking up some Snap Map levels trying to mimic the classics, it would need some unique custom effort from music to re-creating some of the more memorable rooms with both design and textures.

I suspect that the dlc might be included with the game disc, just like new games today, if not, then it'll probably have those stupid microtransactions.
But then again, i'll wait and see what happens.

roadworx said:

i really hope not...although, this is bethesda, so it probably will.

Absolutely, will probably also have Horse Armor DLC.

J.B.R said:

I suspect that the dlc might be included with the game disc, just like new games today, if not, then it'll probably have those stupid microtransactions.
But then again, i'll wait and see what happens.

If you bothered to actually read/watch the media released so far you'd know Marty has said he doesn't want to either of those things.

Chezza said:

Thinking about it, remaking some classic episodes for Doom 4 and selling as DLC may not be the worst idea.

Sure it would. It would be an admission that the new game cannot stand on it's own and needs to ride on a nostalgia trip to satisfy.

AirRaid said:

Sure it would. It would be an admission that the new game cannot stand on it's own and needs to ride on a nostalgia trip to satisfy.

If the game can't stand on its own then the DLC won't help it. I just don't see it as an admission for riding the Nostalgia Train. Otherwise you may argue Doom 2016 as a whole is likely to be a shitty and needs rely on the nostalgic value of the classic Doom title to satisfy.

AirRaid said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NrIMb-ro-UI#t=306

Marty mentions here that there are no direct callbacks or remakes of Doom maps. I guess he's mostly referring to the base game here, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Way to spoil my fun! :P

In all seriousness, the new DOOM game looks frigging awesome. Although I'd love a remake of DOOM in id Tech 6, the original games in ZDoom are excellent. I play them all of the time and they never get old.

Plasma Gun said:

Way to spoil my fun! :P

In all seriousness, the new DOOM game looks frigging awesome. Although I'd love a remake of DOOM in id Tech 6, the original games in ZDoom are excellent. I play them all of the time and they never get old.

I predict that one of the first Snapmap Assets DLC available will be some sort of modernized version of Doom's assets so people can have the remake they've waiting for so long.

victorboris1 said:

I predict that one of the first Snapmap Assets DLC available will be some sort of modernized version of Doom's assets so people can have the remake they've waiting for so long.

well, i atleast hope they'll be compatibility between those who have the dlc and those who don't.

Avoozl said:

All I think Doom should get is full blown expansions rather than crappy DLC.

I would be happy with this.

Any DLC should just be Snap Map additions perhaps. Then again, those should just come with an update.

I think the bottom line is everyone will be fine with DLC as long as it's:

1. A substantial content upgrade / mission pack / expansion created AFTER wrapping up the main game (see Dishonored DLCs which are freaking epic).
2. NOT something removed from the game just to be offered as a 'DLC' at launch (I'm looking at you, RAGE).

Plasma Gun said:

I really hope the rumor of a remake of The Ultimate DOOM DLC is true. I would buy this, no hesitation.

I don't see what exactly would be appealing about it. Ultimate DOOM is right here, ready to be played. There are dozens of fan-made remakes of E1 and plenty of individual map remakes. We really don't need another version of the same maps when id can dedicate their efforts to potentially working on a full-fledged expansion or something.

Touchdown said:

I don't see what exactly would be appealing about it. Ultimate DOOM is right here, ready to be played. There are dozens of fan-made remakes of E1 and plenty of individual map remakes. We really don't need another version of the same maps when id can dedicate their efforts to potentially working on a full-fledged expansion or something.

People want something like Black Mesa I guess.

DooM_RO said:

Most of those are crap.

Especially that last one, "Doom Modern Graphics"

"-New weapon models and animations
-Retro style gameplay"

Interesting *retro* gameplay if there is holstered sprint, ads and levels scale is nothing compared to the real ones, because they are completely too big.

None from that list is anything close to being something like Black Mesa

geX said:

Which is exactly why people want Id to make something like that.

Doom HD is the only one showing any promise. Reinchard makes great textures but I'm not sure about the maps, which are a 1:1 recreation.

Plasma Gun said:

I really hope the rumor of a remake of The Ultimate DOOM DLC is true.

I don't. I've seen enough remakes of Doom as it is.

DooM_RO said:

Which is exactly why people want Id to make something like that.

Doom HD is the only one showing any promise. Reinchard makes great textures but I'm not sure about the maps, which are a 1:1 recreation.

Which means it is nothing like Black Mesa.

geX said:

False, Classic Doom 3 is exactly like Black Mesa (same map layout of original but with a lot more details and objects to give it a realistic look). It even has 2 entire episodes missing (also not different from Black Mesa, hehehe).

Stop whinning people, money talks. It will have DLC, most console players will not make use of snapmap so well, so they will indeed pay for both new multiplayer and single player content as DLCs.