Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tarnsman

Neil deGrasse Tyson gets in rap feud with Atlanta Rapper B.o.B.

Jeez, everyone has a Twitter account except for me. Then again, everyone except me probably has something of worth to say.

Jaxxoon R said:

Then again, everyone except me probably has something of worth to say.

No one on Twitter has anything worth to say. You're not missing out.

Jaxxoon R said:

Jeez, everyone has a Twitter account except for me.

I don't have one either, but that's only because I don't do social media* just for the sake of privacy.

*And no, forums don't count.

Jaxxoon R said:

Jeez, everyone has a Twitter account except for me. Then again, everyone except me probably has something of worth to say.

Actually, twitter works in inverse proportion to actual worth of thought.

Jaxxoon R said:

Jeez, everyone has a Twitter account except for me.

Neither I, this minority starts to grow up... Anyway I don't think that it could be way too different from Facebook for its "inhabitants"...

I don't have a twitter account either.

Rap isn't something I want to hear for any length of time, so I played that for 5 secs and shut it off. :p

Doominator2 said:

Twitter is basically:

"I just ate an apple lol #sweg#yolo#etc."

Don't forget posturing over a prominent social issue without ever actually doing anything (because apparently hashtagging about it is sufficient now).

The Youtube user I Hate Everything recently had their account wrongfully suspended, meaning the guy didn't have access to hundreds of hours of videos he had worked on. Thousands of people used the hashtag thingy and posted about how it was unfair and all that jazz, and it brought enough attention for someone to fix his wrongful suspension.

I mean, I don't really use twitter, but lots of people do so I can see how things would catch on or be brought to peoples attention or whatever through it.

Wovenloaf said:

Don't forget posturing over a prominent social issue without ever actually doing anything (because apparently hashtagging about it is sufficient now).

Yea, because the entire existence of this sub-forum hasn't been exactly that

GoatLord said:

Man, I don't get the "I'm showing support by hash tagging" thing. Who really believes that solves anything?

You'd be surprised how much it actually can help.
Doomkid provided a really excellent example, and many similar issues have really been brought to light with Twitter and hashtags.
Companies pay attention to social media. It's how people tend to share their impressions on their products/services, after all.