Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, for all of you who played Lock and Load V3.0 weapons release, I owe you a huge apology. I've been re-coding and adding a whole whack of new stuff, and I've been coming across a lot of errors...which means that V2.0 is probably a bit fucked up too, because code was copied and pasted.

Plus V3.0 is quite half-assed...I released it simply to throw you guys a bone.

Not that it matters, because version 2.0 is history...literally. It's only on my downloads page as historical reference.

Anyway, I've been revamping Lock and Load V3.0 to make a new weapons release before I make the full release with new enemies to kick around (and they'll do the same to you don't worry.)

Okay, to cut to the chase, I'm stuck. I more or less have room for one more weapon, and I want to fill that space. the weapon that is bound to the key I need filled is an SMG, but of course, the accompanying weapon to that does not necessarily have to be as such. Any suggestions are quite welcome and greatly appreciated.

NWC

Actually, I kinda sorta have that one in the works...only it's not a railgun, it's a laser rifle blast that fires through critters. But, it's the same kind of function. So, at least you know, right?

pilottobombadier said:

Actually, I kinda sorta have that one in the works...only it's not a railgun, it's a laser rifle blast that fires through critters. But, it's the same kind of function. So, at least you know, right?

Ok, hmm...A DOUBLE BLADED CHAINSAW from the DooM 64 weapons patch on the ICD site!!!!

Seeker missile! Like an RPG that follows an enemy till it hits him!
I've done that in my TC, but it's only useful if you've got fast enemies that move around a lot...

Well, at least I know it reloads :P When I was doing the weapons release, I was more concerned on whether or not everything worked properly...it SEEMED to, at least. Then I looked at the code and found out how mistaken I was... Anyway, BBG, I'm going to have to disappoint on the chainsaws as I am making great pains to avoid melee weapons, hence the infinite ammo limit on some weapons in the weapons release. Just in case you guys were wondering...

Anyway, I AM considering the railgun, because really, I don't have to make a laser that "flies through" stuff. I can do that with something else...oooor...heh heh heh heh.

Oh, the SMG is a P90, for anyone who's curious. And even then I'm considering cutting it.

Alrighty, I've decided on a slow-firing railgun (to acompany the sound and graphics), but I'll try to get it up to 3 shots per second.

It will have a reload though, and probably not a small clip. After all, it IS firing caseless shots, right? And i will try to make it as powerful as possible, but...Well, can't make it too powerful, and you'll understand why if you screw around with the code after I've finished and uploaded it all (I'm not a code tyrant like some other modders).

The graphics and sounds were ripped from Doom2 X-Treme Gold (for those that haven't played it, the weapon graphics are of the Dark Forces Concussion Rifle), all but the projectile. I think I'm going to use a null frame for it.

Now...I'm thinking of scrapping the flamethrower and P90 to make room for some other stuff.

Yea or Nay, and any suggestions for replacements?

I haven't used lock and load yet, but I like the idea of a flamethower. I had so much fun with it in rtcw. all for the flamethower say OI!

Hmm...good point...okay, for a p90 replacement then!! :D Yeah, I guess it might be pretty moot to can the flamethrower...

Okay...I'll can the FN P90...anyone got ideas for a replacement? :D

I'm thinking of another artillery piece, something to accompany an Anti-Tank Rifle?

how bout anti-personnel devices, like claymores, or the trip mine from half-life. is that possible? oh BTW, will lock & load v.3 be playable with anything other than edge? just curious about that.

VileSlay said:

how bout anti-personnel devices, like claymores, or the trip mine from half-life. is that possible? oh BTW, will lock & load v.3 be playable with anything other than edge? just curious about that.

1) it is possible I think
2) can't do it, no other port uses DDF.

I can't anyway because I no longer have the Doom exes for dehacked editing. That was why I bought the Collector's Edition, because my copies 3 1/2" floppy went down the shitter because my stepmom set the telephone down here beside my computer, which fried EVERY SINGLE ONE of my diskettes (the reciever magnets in almost all phones are unshielded). I had over 100 of those, mostly filled with Doom add-ons that i had downloaded over the years, and most of them really good levels that i had a hard time getting.

Anyway, claymore mines are kinda possible...but not because I don't think 1.24 supports an adequate shrapnel code, unless projectiles support the spare_attack command.

But you can make mines, it's actually quite easy.

Anyway, with the anti-tank rifle, I think I WILL treat it like an artillery weapon, so it will fire a projectile on a trajectory. Of course that brings up some questions as to how it should work.

Should I make it armour piercing, so that it flies through critters if it kills them, or exploding?

And in regards to mines, that's actually in interesting idea, and I will take it into consideration.

Anyway, any more ideas?

OOOOKay, fuck it. I'm going to get this mod finished. Here's the weapon lineup:

Mk.23 SOCOM/Akimbo

Desert Eagle .50AE/Extended mag upgrade/Akimbo with ext. mag

M16A1/Akimbo

OICW/G3A4

Pulse Rifle GL/Pulse Rifle 10ga Shotgun/ext. mag./increased acc.

Railgun/Laser Sniper Rifle

Minigun/AutoCannon

Anti-Tank Rifle

RPG/HK69 (40mm GL)

Flamethrower/Autoshotgun (miscellaneous weapons)

The AutoCannon, Railgun, Laser Sniper Rifle and Anti-Tank rifle will shoot through some enemies, and the Laser shots ricochet.