Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zemini

Best place for Huds?

Didn't care for the ones I could search for. I want something simple yet gives me more ammo and key options.

Anyone have one I can use for my wad?

Here are the Ammo types I plan to use. 2 and 3 are the custom ones i am going to to have make in decorate.

1. BULL - 9mm
2. CALB - .45
3. RIFL - .223
4. SHEL
5. ROKT
6. CELL

Additional Keys (6 keys total)
Purple, Orange, Green, or whatever.

Secrets/items/monsters would be a bonus but not required.

I dont mind doing the artwork for the items and hud, but coding it into the hud to is beyond my talents and patience.

scifista42 said:

Make a graphic for your HUD yourself and define its behavior via SBARINFO. Take a look at ZDoom's default status bar definitions as examples that you can easily copy and modify as you need.

Yes I already read this. But was hoping there was a hud already available that did pretty much what I needed. Like a template or something thanks.

ALso, I need to draw the hud at 320x200 right? Or will it just squeeze it into the screen? Wish I didnt suck at drawing. I might just take the original hud and Photoshop the shit out of it.

Zemini said:

Yes I already read this. But was hoping there was a hud already available that did pretty much what I needed. Like a template or something thanks.

The ZDoom's default status bars are basically templates for you.

Zemini said:

ALso, I need to draw the hud at 320x200 right? Or will it just squeeze it into the screen?

SBARINFO wiki page said:

Top-level commands

Height <height> --- Sets the height of the status bar. (the normal status bar in Doom has height 32)
Resolution <x>, <y> --- Sets the base resolution for the status bar. By default this is 320x200. (so, you can set it to something different, draw the HUD with that resolution in mind, and it should be automatically scaled from this resolution to any resolution the player uses, or so I assume - not sure how downscaling works in particular)

Looks like I found tonights project. ;-( just when I thought I was done with funky editing I decide to change something else...

Last question before I start...I assume Zdoom will use the correct numeric characters right? Or do I need to design 300 for health, or 650 for cells too? Or do they just count up until 999 by them selves?

This is an excerpt from the definition of statusbar "normal" (Standard Doom Status bar):

drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT, gold, ammo Clip, 288, 173;
drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT, gold, ammo Shell, 288, 179;
drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT, gold, ammo RocketAmmo, 288, 185;
drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT, gold, ammo Cell, 288, 191;

drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT, gold, ammocapacity Clip, 314, 173;
drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT, gold, ammocapacity Shell, 314, 179;
drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT, gold, ammocapacity RocketAmmo, 314, 185;
drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT, gold, ammocapacity Cell, 314, 191;
This means that the engine will automatically check for values of your currently carried ammo of the 4 basic ammo types AND values of your current ammo capacity for each of the 4 basic ammo types, and display them in a specific font at a specific location according to the parameters in this SBARINFO definition.