Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

@scifista42: Thank you.

@AD_79: Thanks. I've submitted the map but I ran out of time to finish detailing the whole thing. Fortunately I'll be able to finish that in the tune-up/polish round. Here's a screenshot of one the areas I managed to complete.

You're not doing a good job of convincing me that I didn't just black out and make this without my conscious self knowing about it ;)

But in all seriousness, looks great. This is something I'd very much like to play, actually!

DRL 3.33 said:

@scifista42: Thank you.

@AD_79: Thanks. I've submitted the map but I ran out of time to finish detailing the whole thing. Fortunately I'll be able to finish that in the tune-up/polish round. Here's a screenshot of one the areas I managed to complete.

http://i.imgur.com/ToAg6Sx.png

I actually really like the mixture of purple and cyan.

Turned this little exit room...

...into this ridiculous setpiece thing...

(images linked for 1080p goodness)

Gez said:

I like that mesh texture.

I don't remember releasing that texture yet :P

AD_79 said:

You're not doing a good job of convincing me that I didn't just black out and make this without my conscious self knowing about it ;)

I just thought the same thing. Now we'll have people imitating you for a change :P

@Fuzzball, I love the 1st shot, it's a very satisfying colour scheme!
The second shot is a bit brutal on the eyes, I'm sure it reads better in game but from that shot it's very noisy and looks hard to navigate. Also, can you drop a link to the thread for JPCP? First I've heard of it, I'd like to keep an eye on it's development :D

Dragonfly said:

@Fuzzball, I love the 1st shot, it's a very satisfying colour scheme!
The second shot is a bit brutal on the eyes, I'm sure it reads better in game but from that shot it's very noisy and looks hard to navigate. Also, can you drop a link to the thread for JPCP? First I've heard of it, I'd like to keep an eye on it's development :D

There's no Doomworld thread for the Japanese Community Project that I know of; but it's there:
http://jpcp.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/jpcp_topic_pr_393.html

You don't need to understand Japanese to see a Mediafire link on that page.

There are some cute things in it. Look at the automap for MAP08! :)

TraceOfSpades said:

How about emerald?

I was thinking about that one. But it has too much green color than I wanted.

I really like that in blue. It's still a deep, vivid blue like Doom's, but looks more suited to heavy usage like you're giving it.

One suggestion I do have is to adjust the colormap so that light blues don't turn into gray -- in your screenshot, the colormap causes a bit of color degradation on the marble pillar sprite and the monster next to it.