Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

New screenshots !!

I think the 10-eyed dude is the new Imp.
It looks a lot like that jumping demon from the leaked video. This is so cool, Quakecon just started and already we're being spoiled. Just check out the lighting on the second screenie with pinky. This feels like christmas..

Yeah, the lighting is fantastic. No pitch black shadows, No sharp edges. All nice and soft. I will buy a NV30!

Heh.. Me too, but the only thing I didn't like were the shadows on the left-leg from that Imp. They're simply too hardedged, but then again, when he's moving around you'll never see that anyway..

Imagine all of this in fullmotion, that's simply awesome!

Disorder, is that a Dutch flag there in your Avatar ? (ouwe rukker). I quess that hard edged shadow on his leg is because of the the low poly model self shadowing.. or whatever. Do you think the relatively high frequency in distributing screenshots can indicate the release of the.....Demo ?

I don't think they'll release a demo anytime soon, although that would be very cool. I'm just hoping they release a video too, one of these days. And about that flag, yes, it's a Dutch one, kneus ;)

Where the hell are all the other Doom 3-regulars?
Jeesh guys, this is great news..

Jawdrops.. drool AHHHHH!!! this is so 1337.. The netherlands rule :P

edit: BTW

DOOM 3. Quake 4. Return to Castle Wolfenstein. If they're talking about it, showing it, or even thinking about it at Quakecon, you'll find all of the info here. Stay tuned for the rest of this week!

does this mean they will show something about q4??.. I really hope so

Disorder said:
I think the 10-eyed dude is the new Imp.

Someone's been asleep during the whole E3 period.
Of course the ten-eyed dude is the new imp! Haven't you read all the reviews or seen the Doom 3: The Legacy movie? Or read the posts on this forum for that matter?

That thing is undoubtedly the new imp - dark brown skin, a bald head, and ability to hurl fireballs a limited distance. That's the imp all right.

On a differnet note: Check out the gray box behind the pinky in this screenshot - it's got the old UAC logo on it.

Oh well sorry.. Jeesh..
I knew it was the new imp, but I didn't see those eyes before so I thought this might've been some new kind of Imp..

Nope, we've been talking about the new imp's 10 or eight eyes since E3.
And it's really me who oughta apologize to you because of my above post seeming so aggressive.

It has begun I see. These screenshots are much better than the last two.

However, what I really want to see now is Quake 4.

1st pic:

The imp has lots of rough edges :(

Nice teeth.

2nd pic:

The old UAC logo. Yay!

The computers in the background are awesome.

Are those shadows soft? Looks like it.

Fredrik said:
Nice teeth

LOL..Yeah, quite a nice set of teeth for a rotting ugly monster with 10 bug red, like eyes

I like the red glow over his body.....I think I'm...in love...

The Demon looks like a cross between an Alien and a dinosaur in this shot ;) One which apparently can't see, smell or hear, due to lack of eyes, a nose or ears.

very slick screenshots. the more i see the more i like. Too angular? show me a shooter that even compares to those models.

the imp looks more angular then the pinky

oeh.. 100th post.. I am a member now.. everybody.. please congrat me :P

Great screenshots! Nothing too angular, everything is looking very very nice indeed, like in the previous screenshots released.

Guys, stop being picky!
The pre-alpha version of Kreed looks like shit compared to this! :)

Maby I am getting so picky because... I WANT TO SEE QUAKE IV STUFF

Wow, they sure started early with the cool stuff this year. Lemme see...

The Imp : Cool. Though, again, I wouldn't have taken the screenshot like this. The viewpoint is too damn close to the monster, so the jaggies and bumpmap artifacts stand out a bit too much. I like how bright and shiny the hallway looks though, especially in the right part of the picture.

Pinky : Really cool. Especially all the techy stuff in the background, and the huge ceiling-mounted monitors. The interfaces have that cool "crappy futuristic" feel to them... probably the "Flash-like" stuff Robert Duffy was working on.

I do think they should release an "in-game" screenshot, where you actually see the gun model in view, and some action going on. These moody close-ups are neat and all, but as long as id keep getting this close to the monsters people will keep complaining about how angular they are.

WOW, Im impressed (like I wasn't that before, heh ;)

And they is giving them out raw, like with no AA or high-quality jpeg.
That whould make them more perfect .... but Im just picky now ....

ah, can't wait to see some more

video anybody? :)

Gamespy did sort of fuck them up in the JPEG compression. Let's hope they release the super-crisp TGA versions later, like they did with the E3 shots.