Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Recreation of the Doom plots - suggestions

This is the thread to come up with suggestions or argue over details in the newest community story, the "Recreation of the Doom plots" thread.

Here's the rules:
1. Don't post crappy, non-serious posts in the community story thread - if you're gonna post in that thread post a serious continuation of the last bit written. Every non-serious contribution to the story/unrelated post will be killed.
2. DON'T interrupt the story by posting complaints/suggestions in the community story thread - that's what this forum is for, use it!
3. Don't insult people for coming up with not-so successful contributions - constructive criticism only!
4. Don't change the point of view - this story is written in the third person with "you" so don't start giving the hero names or change it to the first person.
5. Don't change the tense of the story - this story is written in the past tense and it should STAY that way.

There you go.

Damn; i just spent half an hour writing a new part to that story, off the top of my head, straight into the reply page... and it got wiped! Arg.

Spike said:

Damn; i just spent half an hour writing a new part to that story, off the top of my head, straight into the reply page... and it got wiped! Arg.

Bitch at Ralphis and Railgunner.

What happens when you get a repeat post? In other words, someone posts the next part of the plot, but at the same time, you were doing that very part, and you end up posting that part of the plot, not knowing that someone beat you to it by maybe a few seconds.

I've decided to do this another way, I will now pass the story around via AIM, ICQ, IRC or E-Mail. Talk to me if you want the story, I will let you know when the person sends it back.

::reels moby-bg in and cleans his harpoon::

You can't start a community story and get pissed when someone takes the plot in a direction you don't like. It's like lending your friend your lawnmower and getting pissed when he uses it to mow his lawn.

And not to sound too illogical, but you could've just let a mod clean up Clard and RG's flamewar.

Liam the Bard said:

::reels moby-bg in and cleans his harpoon::

You can't start a community story and get pissed when someone takes the plot in a direction you don't like. It's like lending your friend your lawnmower and getting pissed when he uses it to mow his lawn.

And not to sound too illogical, but you could've just let a mod clean up Clard and RG's flamewar.

BBG only got pissed because the two morons took it in an un-serious direction - which is perfectly understandable. Why he didn't exhibit enough patience to wait for the Mod (me) to get his slow ass here is another thing, but still a bit stupid if you ask me.
Anyway, BBG's new idea of sending the story around to a select group of people is an interesting idea imo - looking forward to seeing which direction it'll take.

Yes, passing it around gives me much more direct control over the direction of the story (I.E. : somebody takes it off track, I build on their portion to bring it back on track) and such.

dsm said:

BBG only got pissed because the two morons took it in an un-serious direction - which is perfectly understandable. Why he didn't exhibit enough patience to wait for the Mod (me) to get his slow ass here is another thing, but still a bit stupid if you ask me.

The reason Clard did his thang in this thread to begin with was because BBG was in #ZDoom throwing a hissy fit about Railgunner's first reply.

Suffice to say, the quality so far has been excellent; if we can keep it up, we'll be onto a winner :)
BBG, DSM and Pritch : Nice one!

Spike said:

Suffice to say, the quality so far has been excellent; if we can keep it up, we'll be onto a winner :)
BBG, DSM and Pritch : Nice one!

Thanks Spike, can't wait to see what you've added! :)