Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

Doom95 SW 3.0 (11/26/96)?

I've been looking for a newer version of Doom95 Shareware 3.0 dated 11/26/96 that was included on id Anthology and later uploaded here: http://www.classicdosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2353#p2353 (scoll down a bit)
The link is broken now though, and the person that uploaded it seem to have dropped out of Contact. I've also been unable find it elsewhere. I presume it would be of no issue to redistribute it, so would anyone be kind enough to reupload it? I'm interested in how it differs from the older June 6 version.

Something that caught my eye in that list is a dead link for a beta demo for Corridor 7: Alien Invasion. I'm intrigued about what that could contain.

If you do make contact with the poster, I'd love to know if they still have it and would be willing to re-upload it?

EDIT: I've sent a message to the poster through the Knights and Merchant's fan site that they were hosting the Corr7 files on. I hope they respond :)

Yup, I'll forward your request, should I get in Contact again. Meanwhile I'll go hunt for it and see if I can find it for ya.
EDIT: I can only find info regarding the DOOM95.EXE file, so was that the only file that was updated in that package?

I checked my id anthology disc images and they don't seem to include shareware versions of Doom. Otherwise, I would post it the exe here.

Cire said:

I've been looking for a newer version of Doom95 Shareware 3.0 dated 11/26/96 that was included on id Anthology

I don't know of any shareware releases which include that particular version of Doom95.exe, it only appears to accompany the updated Final Doom IWADs. Don't suppose anyone's likely to go into a foaming rage if I post the executable and binary patches to update the wads, the only other changes I can see from the June 6th release are a few DirectX files which I could include for the sake of completeness.

Yup, thanks for the help guys. I don't own id Anthology myself, so I had no way to check, I just got that impression from the post that I linked to.

I checked my copy of id anthology and it doesn't have that version. I'll ask around with some of my friends who also collect and see if they have it.